It’s official: America is now No. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure I'm buying the rationale, but of course at some point, 1.2+ billion people just might generate the same amount of economic activity as 300+ million.

Not saying we don't need to be concerned. Just saying anyone can find a way to say, "we're number one!"

I'd still rather live here than there.

Still better than Canada
banana2.gif

Been the plan since Nixxon was president. Notice a chunk of the U.S.A destroyed with each passing president?

Originally Posted By: CT8
Been the plan since Nixxon was president. Notice a chunk of the U.S.A destroyed with each passing president?

Exactly, yet the sheep keep slumbering, watching sports, and
hollyweird mindlessness.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
We've enabled this. Congrats all.

+1
Every time you, me, Overkill and a few others complain about horror freight, Chinese junk, Walmart, etc we get hit will "its a global economy get use to it" and such tripe.

This mentality is hammering the USA into second world status at a rapid pace. No one want to control this Chinese take over of the economy. We have given them not only our money but our jobs.
Now McDonalds and other service workers complain because they cant support families on their pay check.
33.gif

Now its come full circle, we cant afford our own products and many people are almost forced to buy their junk because its all they can afford.

Time to import tax Chinese goods into oblivion IMHO. What do we get instead, POTUS running around China in a friggin coolie suit.

As for the folks complaining about Chinese goods, where were your internet surfing devices made?

My guess is China, but country of origin doesn't matter because you "need" that device!
21.gif

Forget about China.. What about imported cars? Plenty of quality cars to be had here, yet people feel they need xxxxxx. Just browse signatures here. We can see who really believes what they're preaching.

Can we all say double standards?

Forget this global economy stuff, we needed to protect our companies, industries and manufacturing starting in the 60's and never did. All of this production started to move overseas at that time and will never come back. Now we're all sitting here wondering what happened to the middle class.

Originally Posted By: Trav

+1
Every time you, me, Overkill and a few others complain about horror freight, Chinese junk, Walmart, etc we get hit will "its a global economy get use to it" and such tripe.

This mentality is hammering the USA into second world status at a rapid pace. No one want to control this Chinese take over of the economy. We have given them not only our money but our jobs.
Now McDonalds and other service workers complain because they cant support families on their pay check.
33.gif

Now its come full circle, we cant afford our own products and many people are almost forced to buy their junk because its all they can afford.

Time to import tax Chinese goods into oblivion IMHO. What do we get instead, POTUS running around China in a friggin coolie suit.

....but then its not a free market? Pick one and stick to it. And why are we against China? I can buy a German car made in Mexico, and that gets a free pass, because we get along with Germany, and they don't get the media fear mongering.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
As for the folks complaining about Chinese goods, where were your internet surfing devices made?

My guess is China, but country of origin doesn't matter because you "need" that device!
21.gif

Sorry my Panasonic Toughbook CF19 is made in Japan as is my Fujitsu. Both come from a first world country. Camera German and a Made in Japan Nikon and an old Nikkormat.
All my appliances are German as is my Metz TV, the stereo is Bang & Olufsen.

Looking around my house and garage i don't find anything Chicom. My sneakers are made in USA and shoes made in England by John Lobb. Clothing is USA or European, suits by Brioni.
Watches, Swiss and German. I practice what i preach, i even tossed the iphone and went back to my Finnish made Nokia.

I spent 2K for an American made Stainless steel cage for the parrots instead of a $600 Chinese one complete with poisonous paint.
I refuse to support the free worlds number 1 enemy with my money.

Originally Posted By: michaelluscher

+1

33.gif

....but then its not a free market? Pick one and stick to it. And why are we against China? I can buy a German car made in Mexico, and that gets a free pass, because we get along with Germany, and they don't get the media fear mongering.

Who said we have to have a free market? Since when did Germany become a communist country bent on destroying the American economy? Get real.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad

21.gif

Sorry my Panasonic Toughbook CF19 is made in Japan as is my Fujitsu. Both come from a first world country. Camera German and a Made in Japan Nikon and an old Nikkormat.
All my appliances are German as is my Metz TV, the stereo is Bang & Olufsen.

Looking around my house and garage i don't find anything Chicom. My sneakers are made in USA and shoes made in England by John Lobb. Clothing is USA or European, suits by Brioni.
Watches, Swiss and German. I practice what i preach, i even tossed the iphone and went back to my Finnish made Nokia.

I spent 2K for an American made Stainless steel cage for the parrots instead of a $600 Chinese one complete with poisonous paint.
I refuse to support the free worlds number 1 enemy with my money.

Japan and Germany etc. are a step in the right direction, but if it's not American, what good is it? Buying those items certainly isnt bringing the US back to the top.

Originally Posted By: Gabe
Still better than Canada
banana2.gif

Yeah, remember our population is about the same as New York city...so your point is...

....who does #2 work for ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back