It's ALIVE!!! Season 2..............

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is right. It has come alive about 7pm central time on the 14th of May 2009. Definitely ran into a few headaches with parts sourcing at times but it was a pretty smooth build considering it is the first one of this size. Last year I built a 1350 and decide late this past winter to improve upon that size so I added another 3mm of stroke to it.

Details:
1402cc
105mm 1250 Bore
81mm (3/8) Falicon Full Circle Billet Crank
K1 H-Beam Connecting Rods
CP Pistons
V&H Race Port Heads
V&H Competition Exhaust
Jones .500/.460 Cams
Destroyer Injectors
Fitzgerald Motorsports 58mm Throttle Bodies
Fitzgerald Motorsports Case Girdle and Studs
Fitzgerald Motorsports Pinned Bearings
V&H 2nd Gear
VRFID
and of course filled with Amsoil products from http://www.modernoils.com for the break-in.

Time for the thanks to those that helped.

Fitzgerald Motorsports - Scott (ohioVrod) has become my goto guy for performance parts.

Vance & Hines Motorsports - Eddie Krawiec heard of my lost heads story and they hooked me up with a set of Race Port heads with +1mm valves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb4B6stlk1g

This thread is worthless with out pictures
35.gif

p.s. when are you gonna dyno it?

Originally Posted By: heavyhitter
This thread is worthless with out pictures
35.gif

p.s. when are you gonna dyno it?

There is a video what more do you need? Click on the Youtube link. It is an oily finger printed mess right now from all the work and is missing half the sheetmetal right now.

I will dyno when I get a chance. Been REAL busy working lately so it may be a while. I am thinking 155hp and 105tq but everyone tells me I am too conservative and should be over 160 and around 110.

Sweet! Sounds nice. I have a TL1000 (996 V-twin) that's about 128hp and would love to build it up like you did yours. If I was you I'd build the biggest airbox you can fit, seemed to help my twin alot. Do you have any crankcase evacuation setup on it?

That's gonna be a arm puller for sure!! Have fun, speed safe.

Originally Posted By: cven
Sweet! Sounds nice. I have a TL1000 (996 V-twin) that's about 128hp and would love to build it up like you did yours. If I was you I'd build the biggest airbox you can fit, seemed to help my twin alot. Do you have any crankcase evacuation setup on it?

That's gonna be a arm puller for sure!! Have fun, speed safe.

On the V-Rods we run what is called "topless". We remove the airbox lid so there is essentially no enclosed air box. Below is an old pic I found of my air ride compressor but it shows the air filter, EaAM of course.
ArnottAirRide051.JPG

The crankcase is handled by the stock PCV set up for now. Thinking of a custom catch-can but need a small break from the mods right now.

Im sure this your bike is a real screamer.
I just got my bike dyno'd today, nothing fancy, just a fuel injected 102 c.i. aircooled pushrod V-twin. I hit 78.9 HP but I had 114.5 ft lbs of torque, my torque curve was over 100ftlbs pretty much from idle to 5k redline.

Originally Posted By: heavyhitter
Im sure this your bike is a real screamer.
I just got my bike dyno'd today, nothing fancy, just a fuel injected 102 c.i. aircooled pushrod V-twin. I hit 78.9 HP but I had 114.5 ft lbs of torque, my torque curve was over 100ftlbs pretty much from idle to 5k redline.

Good torque on that Yamaha(?). This is just a little 85 c.i. engine but last year my 82 c.i. build had 90+ tq from 4000 up to 9000+ rpm. These bikes cruise at 4000 rpm so it was in the sweet spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back