It's about lots and lots of coffee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three shots of espresso first thing in the morning with a bit of milk and honey, that's it.

Can't drink caffeine after about lunch without if affecting sleep.

Have a Rancilio Silvia & Rocky grinder.

Originally Posted By: mightymousetech
Three shots of espresso first thing in the morning with a bit of milk and honey, that's it.

Can't drink caffeine after about lunch without if affecting sleep.

Have a Rancilio Silvia & Rocky grinder.

Dang, that will give you a jump, haha!

I remember working at Dunkin in high school a friend and I did 7 espresso shots. I was awake for 2 days straight.

AdamZ I can have it right before bed no problem. I like the dark roast stuff. [/quote said:
The Darker the roast, the less caffeine remains in the beans/ it's a heat sensitive VOC.
it will have a richer fuller flavor, but less buzz.

similar with tea. if you want decaf tea, but didn't buy any, brew some regular tea, but only let it steep for 1 minute. throw out that liquid, and re-brew the same leaves for the standard 3-5. the tea leaves release all their caffeine in that first minute or so of soak time.

when i say tea, I mean an infusion using the dried leaves of the tea tree, not some other herbal infusion that people insist on calling tea.

A double espresso shot with milk (I guess that's technically a cappucino) in the morning. Repeat the same after lunch sometime. I usually use about 17g of freshly roasted beans to make the shot, but will vary the amount depending on specific beans.

I try not to have any coffee after 5 pm if I want to go to sleep at a regular hour.

Originally Posted By: Camprunner
Ok so school me on the Tim Hortons coffee is it just avail in Canada and how good is it?

TH has locations in the US as well. There are quite a few near me, actually.

To me, their coffee tastes no better than DD or most other fast food chain coffee offerings, but i've become a big coffee snob over the years, so I may be biased.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Dumc87
I'm a coffee with my creamer type LOL

I can drink a straight black cup of coffee when I feel I need to lose weight and I go on a "cut"

Otherwise, I am a huge fan of iced coffees of varying flavors. Currently I am working on a cup or two in the morning of iced chocolate hazelnut coffee.

That being said, I have been known to sip on an energy drink throughout a day. I refuse to chug them, due to the overwhelming "junk" those things usually have, but I've found sipping on them along with drinking a lot of water, gives me a nice steady feeling. I try to only get the sugar-free (aspartame isn't very good though) versions or the Rockstar Organic kind.

"Three fingers cream"

Originally Posted By: Ifixyawata
Originally Posted By: AdamZ
I brew mine at home in a stove top percolator. Drink 2-3 cups a day, but I can have it right before bed no problem. I like the dark roast stuff. At work we have a Keurig machine but I don't really like the waste it generates, so I bought an electric percolator lol.

That's about as far back from new school to old school as you can go. I admire it!

I drink the free Folgers at work, I'm one of the first ones here so I usually make it, 4 heaping and one regular scoop into a Chinese "Bunn" coffee maker. It's better than what I make at home, but at home I have a cheap B&D that needs to just die already. I'd love to get an all-stainless drip coffee maker to replace this one I have. Besides the likely too-low temperature, I feel like the plastics, especially in the grounds basket can change the taste of the coffee.

I have a French press that I've only used a handful of times, I guess I just haven't perfected a method yet.

I'm about 50/50 on whether coffee is simply a vehicle to deliver caffiene or whether I actually like the taste. One thing is for sure, though, I drink it black 90% of the time. Occasionally I'll use heavy cream, at home. I've thought about trying Bulletproof Coffee again soon, coffee with butter (Kerrygold is best, in my limited experience making it), coconut oil, and/or a few other fats to make a filling, energizing breakfast fat bomb.

Thanks! I am the product of Italian immigrants who only made coffee this way when I was growing up. Loved the smell of the kitchen on Sat morning at my grandparents. It does make the best coffee IMO.

Buy Lavazza most of the time, but recently tried the PC West Coast Dark Roast (Canadian Brand).

I keep the electric one in my office and now I make the full 12 cups as coworkers come in and want some lol.

When I'm at home it's a 4 shot cappuccino made with 1/2 and 1/2 made with my own machine. Super fattening, but I only need one cup. When I'm on the road it can be a Starbucks 4 shot venti cappuccino, WaWa 20oz Dark Roast, or Sheetz cappuccino (can't drunk their regular coffee anymore, it used to be good, not so anymore) depending on my location around Pennsylvania. It can get expensive on the road, but it comes out of my per-diem anyways.

I do enjoy a large double-double with a double expresso shot from Tim Horton's when I'm in Upstate New York. About the best coffee I've had was Speeder and Earl's in South Burlington, VT. Reminds me I need to place another order from there...

I have 2 big mugs in the morning while I start work. I take mine with milk only. I used to put sugar but now.. its 2 teaspoons less of sugar per day, so why not. I can drink right before bed and still sleep but I stick with tea in the afternoon and early evenings. I try not to have coffee near bed time just because it may still impact my sleep even though I can still sleep. I like good quality coffee though, I usually pick up a bag of something good at Costco and grind mine right before making a pot. If I buy coffee out, i typically need a bit of sugar as i find the coffee isnt as good without it. Favorite brands right now are Kicking Horse and William Spartivento. THe latter is a low acid coffee, which I quite enjoy as it does not cause me to get any heartburn if I drink it on an empty stomach.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
All you guys.... what about your blood pressure with so much coffee and caffeine in your system ?

Well, obviously that's what blood pressure meds are for.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
All you guys.... what about your blood pressure with so much coffee and caffeine in your system ?

Caffeine from coffee has positive health benefits in SMALL doses.

Question for the espresso drinkers, what kind of espresso maker do you have? We've been looking for one for the house and have been debating the merits of a small $100 (deLonghi), $300 (also deLonghi), $500 (maybe Breville?), or spending a lot more (if it's worth it).

What do you guys use?

I drink about two cups a day,and then a Frappucino or Double Shot Espresso if I need a jolt later in the day.

Originally Posted By: EdwardC
Question for the espresso drinkers, what kind of espresso maker do you have? We've been looking for one for the house and have been debating the merits of a small $100 (deLonghi), $300 (also deLonghi), $500 (maybe Breville?), or spending a lot more (if it's worth it).

What do you guys use?

I've been using a Breville BES870XL for the past 8 months or so. It takes a while to get the dose, grind, and water amount dialed in to your liking, so if you are looking for a machine where you just press one button and everything is done for you, then this is probably not it. You might want to look at a super-automatic machine instead.

The built-in grinder on the 870XL is convenient, but from what I've read, you can get better results from a standalone dedicated grinder. It's just a matter of how much you're willing to spend.

And if you're looking for good crema in your espresso, you'll be ordering freshly roasted beans online, unless you can locate a local roaster that has something you like. The cost quickly adds up. Sometimes I think I should have just stuck to my old $50 Mr Coffee espresso machine - life was much simpler and less expensive then.
smile.gif

What do you guys use?

Good God at those prices, if just for yourself I'd get the $100 one all day long. If you're opening your own Espresso stand then bump things up a notch and get the $300 one.
smile.gif

What do you guys use?

If you're just starting out, a trip to Wal-Mart for a Mr. Coffee Espresso maker is just the ticket. Right at $40. Is it for the die hard espresso drinker? No, but it might be something to look into to see if you like it. I'm on my second due to my terrible city water, but have been pleased with the results.

1/2 cup per day M-F.
Watered down with the other half water and a pinch of cream.

If I'm especially tired, I'll put 1/2 sugar in it too.

I really need to cut back
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back