It's a Wonderful Life

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Took me longer than it should have to catch it.
320616500_707878047727717_2986234187389176287_n.jpg

OT: just heard on a radio show today, the bells in IAWL were manufactured in East Hampton CT and they have the same ones available for purchase now.

It appears they also made the cowbell in the SNL BOC "need more cowbell" skit.

My late mother loved that movie. She had to see it at least once before every Christmas, and always watched it several times each Christmas season. We always watched it at least once together before every Christmas. She grew up in a large family, 7th of 11 children, and was always frugal with money even when we had enough to get by OK. Her father ran an appliance store with the house for the family above the store. The black and white views of the inside of the house in It's a Wonderful Life reminded me of the inside of her parents' house. And the time period of the houses in the movie were about the same era as her parent's house too.

• Love
Reactions: GON
My late mother loved that movie. She had to see it at least once before every Christmas, and always watched it several times each Christmas season. We always watched it at least once together before every Christmas. She grew up in a large family, 7th of 11 children, and was always frugal with money even when we had enough to get by OK. Her father ran an appliance store with the house for the family above the store. The black and white views of the inside of the house in It's a Wonderful Life reminded me of the inside of her parents' house. And the time period of the houses in the movie were about the same era as her parent's house too.
Jim,

Thanks, for sharing about how your Mom loved it's a Wonderful Life.

It has been decades since I had a super bad day- but when I did, I would watch It's a Wonderful Life, and would get a reset on my feeling sorry for myself - things will work out just fine.

A very, very special movie.

And here is another "pick me up" with Life in its title.

I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate, a poet
A pawn and a king
I've been up and down and over and out
And I know one thing
Each time I find myself
Flat on my face
I pick myself up and get
Back in the race

That's life
(That's life)
I tell you, I can't deny it
I thought of quitting, baby