Here is a rare Cop Car around here.

2002 Chev Camaro with a few extras...
grin.gif

-

-

-

-

-

Ok. Has had it dyno'd and 540 RWHP! The Turbo is in the rear of the car and you can see it from the left rear wheel well.

We take catching speeders around here in a serious manner!
patriot.gif

Take care, Bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

I guess a lot of people like to get through Utah fast and they want to catch them. Seriously, I think law enforcement should have the required vehicles, weapons and all other devices to insure they are successful in the apprehension of lawbreakers and the safety of the enforcement agents.

Nifty.

But don't get the point of a ultra high speed pursuit when radio's are infinitely faster in comparison.

quote:

Originally posted by rjundi:
Nifty.

But don't get the point of a ultra high speed pursuit when radio's are infinitely faster in comparison.

A big lowly populated area like most of UTAH, there may not be another highway patrol car within 50 miles and it may be in the wrong direction.

[ September 04, 2006, 11:50 PM: Message edited by: XS650 ]

Nice pics. The Virginia State Police stockpiled a few of the last 2002 Camaros as well.

Seems unlikely that Utah or any other state would really spend the money to create a hopped-up Mad Max-style interceptor, especially with such goodies as the custom wheels. Could this have been a car seized through civil forfeiture proceedings from a private citizen, say one who was found distributing drugs?

FWIW, most of these dressed up cars don't see a whole lot of road use. They are used for public relations and to peak the interest of children with all the flash. Show car.

IMO, no one in their right mind should leave an assault weapon in such a vulnerable area, locked or not.

Really, I don't recall who makes it, but there is a turbo kit that mounts at the rear, and runs the compressed air back to the intake.

There is a lotta lag, but once the system is "online" the boost is pretty much the same.

It's not bull.

quote:

Originally posted by wantin150:
FWIW, most of these dressed up cars don't see a whole lot of road use. They are used for public relations and to peak the interest of children with all the flash. Show car.

IMO, no one in their right mind should leave an assault weapon in such a vulnerable area, locked or not.

Not to mention the need to wear asbestos gloves to handle it after it's been baking in the Utah sun for few hours.

quote:

Originally posted by CBDFrontier06:

"...The Turbo is in the rear of the car and you can see it from the left rear wheel well..."

Ok..say what?

My sediments exactly, does not compute.

If it's not powered by exaust gases at the manifold, it's not a turbo. I don't know if I even want to imagine what kind of system they've mounted behind the rear wheel that they expected to act like a turbo, but if you're about to tell us it draws its power from the exaust pipe and sends pressurized air forward, "bull" is the only response I'll be able to give you.

Here is photos of the Turbo installed in the REAR of the car.. (there is NO room anywhere else on the car)

Turbo for Camaro

This car is used for Car shows, Parades and such, but is a FULL operational Police car.
patriot.gif

They had upgrade the wheels to get higher speed rubber I was told.

Everything was working. As far as the guns, that is the only space for them this car.

Utahs new fast Cop car is going to have a Hemi later this year..
grin.gif

I thought it was pretty cool that it had the "It's got a cop engine, Cop tires, ETC" on the brace.
cheers.gif
(from the Blues Brothers movie)
lol.gif

Take care, bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

A very expensive paper weight.

If Lingenfelter can find room for two turbos under the hood of a Vette, they can find room for one properly placed in a Camaro. But that's typical tax money expenditure for ya.

Turbo by the rear wheels + the orange can of death...humm?

Very nice/neat car nonetheless.

I was stopped behind a Harley cop at a freeway offramp the other day. His license plate said "Smile, I could be behind you". I thought that was cute...

Now that the Camaro is gone I think the Charger is the car they've been looking for...plenty of room, plenty of power, and should blend in pretty well too if they avoid the zebra paint scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back