It looks like Volvo no longer sells ICE

No more ICE only... no big deal. I was hoping more vehicles would be hybridized by now. Just don't care for any full electric offerings at the moment. Let someone else deal with the R&D oopsies.

I don't see any cars in their offerings at all. I really have no use for a crossover SUV, full size SUV, or any other form of lifted station wagon. I just want a 4-door sedan that handles well, gets decent fuel economy and is safe. They can keep their advancements.

I don't see any cars in their offerings at all. I really have no use for a crossover SUV, full size SUV, or any other form of lifted station wagon. I just want a 4-door sedan that handles well, gets decent fuel economy and is safe. They can keep their advancements.
The S60 and S90 are 4-door sedans.

What are these?

Screenshot_20220626-122337_Chrome.jpg

Wow, you guys are sensitive. I didn't see the S90, S60, V90 and V60 in the link initially posted.

No more ICE only... no big deal. I was hoping more vehicles would be hybridized by now. Just don't care for any full electric offerings at the moment. Let someone else deal with the R&D oopsies.
Yea I think going full electric is a big mistake.....they should also offer hybrids.

Fun fact: Volvo is owned by China: Volvo is currently owned by the Zhejiang Geely Holding Group, a Chinese company which owns over 15 other vehicle makers.
they keep family jewels like trucks, construction equipment and boats.
saab likewise get rid of low margin, they moved into defense.

Winter climates and e-vehicles or hybrids???? I'd rebellious to go hybrid not full E in a cold climate.
Hybrids dont do great in cold weather. They have to run the engine which then results in ICE-type MPGs. At that point I guess one might as well just have an electric resistive heater or whatever they use and a big battery.

I cant rationalize it fully, but the thought process must go that sort of a way. I do know with my hybrid that when its cold and I call for heat, it forces the engine on. Doesnt matter to me, I wish hybrids all had a forced engine mode.... But in these countries they must have short enough drives and decent enough charging for the EV to work for them...

Back