It is possible to get your hands on the "Holy Grail" of synthetics

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you call enough folks from the Conoco web site, I've been told it is possible to buy 76 High Performance TRACK Full Synthetic in a 10W 30 (20W 50 also available). Cost? $57.00/ case + shipping. Reportedly, the same one as what some the the NASCAR boys use. Not for public consumption due to a high phosphorus content from what they tell me.
I wanted something a bit thicker than the Mobil 1R 0W 30 when I spotted this one. You oil "gurus" tell me what you think of these specs for a 10W 30.:
API SJ
Flash Point 482F
Pour Point -58F
TBN 9.0
cst@ 40C 65.2
cst@ 100C 10.4
High Temp/ High Shear viscosity cP @ 150C 3.3
1.1 sulfated Ash

If it is good enough for NASCAR, it must be good enough for me - to my untrained eye. For an older engine that doesn't require an SL rated oil (460 CI Lincoln Big Block) is this the best bang for the buck oil? Or What?

quote:

Originally posted by Best F100:

If it is good enough for NASCAR, it must be good enough for me - to my untrained eye. For an older engine that doesn't require an SL rated oil (460 CI Lincoln Big Block) is this the best bang for the buck oil? Or What?

I would just use this ...
smile.gif
...$1.39 a quart on sale , $ 1.69 regular price where you live .

Boron 178
Silicon 9
Moly 84
Magnesium 275
Calcium 1773
Barium 5
Phos 1258
Zinc 1371

Thats used oil with over 1k miles of hi rpm running .

Flash looks high which is good. It doesn't differ all that much from M1R to be honest. I'm sure it's probably a good oil and loaded with ZDP. Are you racing?

quote:

Originally posted by Motorbike:
Or you could use the Valvoline VR-1 Racing 10w-30 at 2.75 a quart

Betcha want to know what that other oil is
grin.gif

I give up! What would that other oil be and what is its flashpoint?

quote:

Originally posted by Best F100:

quote:

Originally posted by Motorbike:
Or you could use the Valvoline VR-1 Racing 10w-30 at 2.75 a quart

Betcha want to know what that other oil is
grin.gif

I give up! What would that other oil be and what is its flashpoint?

I believe I have seen used Mobil 1 flashpoints of 420F. I would give Mobil R-1 a chance.

quote:

Originally posted by 427Z06:
Motorbike, sometimes I get the impression that you're a "lubricity teaser".
grin.gif

Take away the Lubricity and thats a great T Bolin song .
smile.gif

Just having a little fun posting .

469F low cost drag race oil

We used it this summer unspiked in a small Chevy 1/4 miler , did great !

Used it in passenger cars like it was intended for too
grin.gif

That Mobil 0w-30R that Al suggested would be a good one , same with the Synergyn 30wts .

Depends on the use .

Can you use NASCAR oil in a car that actually turns to the right? Has it been formulated for straight lines and left turns only?
grin.gif

cheers.gif
patriot.gif

427Z06, you are a wordsmith & certainly know how to put together a descriptive phrase!

Last month, you labeled Buster as " a tawdry little oil slutlette" & now Motorbike as a "lubricity teaser".

Keep it up! We love the entertainment!
cheers.gif

offtopic.gif

Thanks fellas. Someone once told me to lighten up here, so I took his advice.
wink.gif

But I think the top wordsmith Master is pscholte. I'm just a hack that has had experience with numerous sordid relationships to draw his vocabulary from.
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by GSV:
Can you use NASCAR oil in a car that actually turns to the right? Has it been formulated for straight lines and left turns only?
grin.gif

cheers.gif
patriot.gif

what do they run at Watkins & Sears?
grin.gif

Bump

I just found out that the High Performance 10w-30 and 20w-50 76 Synthetics are PAO/Ester
shades of the old Conoco Syncon

The 76 5w-40 is PAO unlike some primarily group III 5w-40's

West Coast members , what is the price of these two oils generally ? Not the topic race oil though .

Would like to see a VOA on this oil. The following was posted by Terry originally.

For comparison heres a actual post race UOA of a popular NASCAR Chevy after running (winning) a 500 mile race. Brand is tricked union 76 syn ?w-30, 4 years ago.

Lead 800
boron 80
sodium 200
Magnesium 1450
calcium 7400
phos 1000
zinc 1000
titanium 50

vis 10 cSt
TBN 24

Thats as much as I can share.

quote:

Originally posted by Hirev:
Would like to see a VOA on this oil. The following was posted by Terry originally.

For comparison heres a actual post race UOA of a popular NASCAR Chevy after running (winning) a 500 mile race. Brand is tricked union 76 syn ?w-30, 4 years ago.

Lead 800
boron 80
sodium 200
Magnesium 1450
calcium 7400
phos 1000
zinc 1000
titanium 50

vis 10 cSt
TBN 24

Thats as much as I can share.

It looks like that oil was possibly "doped " with Oil Extreme which is primarily a Calcium additive as far as I can tell so it does not represent the 76 oil in terms of additive pack

Here is what used Oil Extreme 5w-30 looks like

Additives
Molybdenum 10
Sodium 156
Magnesium 20
Zinc 720
Potassium 0
Phosphorus 641
Calcium 4420

You might be right, they sure added (something) oil to that calcium didn't they.
grin.gif
I was amazed how much lead it collected from the fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back