It has begun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Photo_071209_001.jpg

Last edited:
No, I was not thinking with my dipstick. The 13 five quart jugs are still there.

[censored], that's a great price!

However, is the oil any good?

Wow, dxmn is a censored word? I find that hard to believe, I think your word filter is damaged.

Last edited:
Same around my area. For some reason it didn't sell here and the Wal Marts that did stock it still have most of their original stock. It is not selling at $20.00. Our stores, that have any at all, are selling Castrol Syntec for $22.00

In my part of the country, word of mouth can make or break a product and it only takes a very few mouths. Our stores, including most auto parts stores, don't carry 0W-anything and no XW-20.

I took my pastor to a local, the biggest, best known, lube, tires, and AC place to get tires rotated and balanced. What I tend to generalize as a "little old lady" came in with a very new, shined like a mirror, Chrysler. The manager evidently knew her as she greeted him by first name. She instructed him to change the oil and rotate the tires and she gave very specific orders, "and don't put any of that 0 junk or 20 junk in my car.("junk" cleaned up) I couldn't help but laugh.

Castrol must have a fortune tied up in advertising. Edge must be doing good somewhere around the country.

since this oil didnt sell,I guess they A)wont be making it anymore,or B)seriously come down to reality with their price.

I still bet dino is better...I just don't trust all the fancy synthetics much...yes I am a M1 user, but due to price & proven reliability I like "lesser" oils...that is a nice find though & if I have a "nice" car like a vette or something I might consider it.

Well, I changed the oil in the Malibu on Saturday so that opened up some space on the stash-shelf. Looks like I may be stopping at the on-the-way-home Wal-Mart tonight to see what's shaking...

I've got 3 within about a 20-minute drive of the house. One hasn't had this product ever and the other two have been well-stocked at the over $30 price for a while. Meanwhile they have Syntec on the shelf for $20.50.

I'll buy some when I can find when it hit $12/5-quart jug, which it probably won't.

When I can find dino Formula Shell for $1.58/qt at Menards, or even Citgo dino for $.79/qt at Rural King, I have little regard for synthetic that's almost $7/qt retail.

My 5k mile OCI pattern does not justify spendy oil ... and my UOA reports confirm it.

Last edited:
Castrol spent millions of advertising dollars on Castrol Edge. Now, it's marked for clearance. Didn't they have a superbowl ad saying Edge was better than Mobil 1.
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
Castrol spent millions of advertising dollars on Castrol Edge. Now, it's marked for clearance. Didn't they have a superbowl ad saying Edge was better than Mobil 1.
LOL.gif

Not just better, 8X better. They still have commercials saying it gives 8X better wear protection than Mobil 1 5W-30.

I think the dipstick commercials killed them, plus, they were aimed at a small market and that market is already rather well saturated.

I just got back from Wally in Huntington Beach CA and Edge is $26.50.

BTW Castrol claims 8x better than Mobil 1 but just "better" than Mobil EP becuase it has more certifications.

I think the dipstick jimmy adds are fantastic; it's just the oil itself is too expensive.

Originally Posted By: DeeAgeaux
I just got back from Wally in Huntington Beach CA and Edge is $26.50.

BTW Castrol claims 8x better than Mobil 1 but just "better" than Mobil EP becuase it has more certifications.

I think the dipstick jimmy adds are fantastic; it's just the oil itself is too expensive.
AALLLLL ritey-then.
smirk2.gif
Dude,you cant be serious,you actually like those commercials??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back