ISUZU 3.9l Diesel 4bd1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

Im just trying to figure out what oil would be the best for a 3.9L ISUZU diesel engine.

I know of Mobil, penrite, castrol as far as readily available goes. Been usig movil 1 high performance for my regular car but no idea when it comes to diesels.

I own 12 of these. All of them are happy on either Mobil Delvac or Chevron Delo 15w-40 conventional. Don't know if you have those in Australia. No need for anything special or exotic. They'll go forever on almost any decent HDEO.

If you see a little oil weeping out of the back of the engine where the head meets the engine block, that's normal. They all do that.

Which bit of Oz ?

So it's naturally aspirated (not the T version).

Delo 400 if you can get it at a reasonable price...if not, then there's a load of Penrite offerings that will meet your needs.

Originally Posted by DoubleWasp
All of them are happy on ...15w-40 conventional. . They'll go forever on almost any decent HDEO.

Truth, nearly any economy 15W-40 HDEO will take an Isuzu 3.9 to a long & healthy life. Nothing fancy needed.

Thanks for that.

Locally i can get Mobile delvac 1 ESP, Delvac MX ESP, Delvac MX.

The esp versions seem to be for engines eith EGR CAT DPF etc where as this 1989 diesel does not have any of that.

Having said that the esp does have much longer drain intervals so the extra cost of it would be worth it long run.

I just couldnt find any information whether the ESP stuff is good for this older mechanical engine or not...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back