ISLE of man info

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was just watching video from ISLE of man. was seeing a pic of the tach. 8,000 rpm was lowest number on the tach. as he was running 14,000 to 16,000 RPM was the running range. bike speed around 200 mph.

How fast do you want to go ? How brave are you ... because mistakes in this race are frequently fatal.

Every rider knows what they signed up for ... !

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
1 incorrect mistake and goodbye.

Umm... wouldn't an incorrect mistake be correct?
wink.gif

Anyway, those riders are way beyond brave.

Originally Posted by AZjeff

wink.gif

Anyway, those riders are way beyond brave.

...and this has always been the case with the Isle of Man TT.
Tourist Trophy?
What sort of tourist runs like a banshee on public roads merely closed to traffic with no protective barriers?

Originally Posted by geeman789
How fast do you want to go ? How brave are you ... because mistakes in this race are frequently fatal.

Every rider knows what they signed up for ... !

Multiple fatalities in years past..

Isle of Mann is easily one of the most dangerous road courses out there, and one of the most prestigious...which makes Dunlop's 26 wins all the more incredible.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by AZjeff

wink.gif

An incorrect mistake is even farther into the mistake!
laugh.gif

I survived.

No one gets to race there without an actual competition license and roadracing résumé.

EVERYONE is well aware of the risks.

If it's not a passion to try it, my advice is don't attempt it.

Originally Posted by red7404
i was just watching video from ISLE of man. was seeing a pic of the tach. 8,000 rpm was lowest number on the tach. as he was running 14,000 to 16,000 RPM was the running range. bike speed around 200 mph.

From the description, that was a 600. Actual speeds on those is around 160 mph on stock production bikes to 170-175 mph for modified bikes.

The bikes running an actual 200 mph or a bit more are the 1000's in Superstock (about 210 rwhp) or Superbike (about 230 rwhp) tune. My '15 S1000RR was in Superstock trim, it was a good for an actual 195-200 mph down Sulby straight. Superbike tune is good for 200-205 mph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back