Is Walmart done with guns and ammo everywhere?

Had to take the wife to WM. While she was doing her shopping I ended up in sporting goods. WM has not sold a gun here in decades but now there is no ammo. No ammo locked up or anything. Nuthin to be found!

Wondering if this is a local thing or everywhere?

Ours is pretty well cleaned out. Not sure if it’s because of everything going on or if they just don’t carry it anymore. I think ours still sells rifles and shotgun ammo at least. And of course things like BB Guns and stuff.

I was at a Walmart in Logan, OH last weekend. They had guns but no ammo. I saw a Henry 22 lever gun for $289 and a Savage 64F for $112 plus a few shotguns.

Seems to vary by each store. I've been to a Walmart in NV that sold RCBS reloading equipment in the sporting goods section.

The ones in my area have turned the gun counter into a knife and binocular display.

Still have both gun and ammo (what little is left) on the shelf when I was there 2 days ago. Did not look close at what they had, but the ammo shelves were pretty bare, and the display case only had a few rifles and shotguns.

There has been panic buying for the past year. I went into the Sportman's Warehouse in Nampa Idaho Yesterday and the shelves were bare ,no ammo, no powder and no primers. This past years is probably worst than with the president before Trump.

I was buying ammo at our local WM up until a year ago. They pulled it all from the shelves when the covid19 lockdown hit us. I asked if it was temporary and was told they were done selling ammo in CA.

Had to take the wife to WM. While she was doing her shopping I ended up in sporting goods. WM has not sold a gun here in decades but now there is no ammo. No ammo locked up or anything. Nuthin to be found!

Wondering if this is a local thing or everywhere?
My local WM's rifles are in stock all the time. When stock gets low they replenish them.

Bass Pro Shops sent me a thick paper catalogue and there were no guns or ammo in it.
Is this because guns are a very controversial thing now?

The CT store i frequent still has ammo last time i checked; long arms went out probably over 15 years ago.

The store has very limited floor space as the town told WM that had to repurpose existing commercial property rather than build a behemoth new complex.

I suspect it was simply an economics decision; the # of sales / floor space did not warrant to continue carrying them.

Last edited:
Back