Is This True?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if you've Syn'd, you can be forgiven.
shocked.gif

When the first synthetics started being marketed they would cause a motor to leak everywhere. Now some fourty years later this is not a problem.

I think in the past aircraft oil was used and it did not have any seal conditioners in it.

I think most oils added some group 5 base stocks for seal swell and this cured the problem.
cheers.gif

The aircraft oil?
shocked.gif
Unless it's a 2 million turbine just say no!!!

[qoute]I was told by a mechanic that once you go synthetic you cannot go back to regular oil Is this true? [/qoute]

Did this mechanic give you a reason as to why this would be true?

Ask your mechanic about crop circles too!
dunno.gif
Man it seems to bug me when people give folk lore. Tell anyone you come into contact with to read on BITOG for one week then ask BEFORE they give advice!!
biggthumbcoffe.gif

You're mechanic was right. If you swithch back your engine will blow up, your tires will go flat and your transmission will fail. Your windshield might crack, too. Worse than that, your mother-in-law will move in and your're dog will bite you. And if you switch to Penzoil your engine will fill up with white foam and you're engine will blow smoke. And if the IRS gets wind of your switch back to conventional oil you will be audited to explain what you did with the money you saved and did not report.

Find a new mechanic. Don't let idiots work on your car.

Even if you've Syn'd, you can be forgiven.

Forgive him for he knows not what he does.

I was painting yesterday and you guys reminded me of a related painting joke.

A painter was trying to make the paint go as far as possible, even if the quality of the finished job suffered. So he thinned the paint excessively. As he was painting he heard a voice telling him to "repaint you thinner" so he did. Then he heard the voice again saying "go your way and thin no more".

I was told by a mechanic that once you go synthetic you cannot go back to regular oil Is this true?

Not so. As suggested, find a new mechanic. This fella is waaayy behind the times.

quote:

...and the toothfairy is no more real than the GC elves

Bryanccfshr,

You REALLY should NEVER have posted that...the Elves are very tolerant about a lot of things, but when someone says they aren't real...well, all I can say is everyone hunker down.
shocked.gif

"Find a new mechanic" Nawww. The solution to many drivability problems still goes back to the basics. Experienced, old fasioned mechanics are experts in their craft. They can usually fix your car because computers and sensors rarely fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back