Is this the German Castrol Elves Site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.forparts.com/fluids.htm

http://www.performanceproducts.com/productpage.aspx?pid=103897&name=Lubro+Moly+Motor+Oil

-

I was wondering if the German company that produces 0W-30 SYNTEC for Castrol was Lubro Moly? My old man has a VW, and he used to get these Beetle-themed mags that also had German products such as "Voll-synthese" 5W-40 motor oil.

I have used their fuel injector cleaner (smells like diesel
smile.gif
) and it seemed to work okay, unfortunately the gas station that sold it is now closed...

I don't think anyone knows what company the elves that make GC work for.

Lubro Moly is a good oil and should be used if had. I have 12 liters of the 0w40 Voll-synthese Energy and plan to use it next in my vehicle.

I think that while Elvish creatures brew the lovely LubroMoly oils, they are of a different tribe than the Elves who brew for Castrol.

Last week I started using Lubromoly 0W-40 in my VW 1.8T engine and the car just went 377 miles until the low-gas light went on while with Gold GC and Syntec 5W-40 it was never that high and usually around 345-355 miles. So the claim of low friction seems to be true so far and the power feels excellent, I don't hear any strange engine noises and it starts up very smoothly. I'm a very happy camper with this oil so far. BTW, the VOAs and UOAs of this oil show it to be loaded with ZDDP.

Short answer: an Advanced Auto Parts store in my city started carrying it.

Long answer:
I was in Advanced Auto Parts looking for my next oil to try after Syntec 5W-40 disappointed me, and at first I saw nothing of interest. I got very sad and decided to look harder and down next to floor I then saw this whole shelf of Lubromoly products. Joy instantly filled my heart and spent the next 30 minutes reading all of hte labels on all of the products. I then chose a 5 liter jug of the 0W-40, 1 liter of the 5W-40 (to test at high temps with some 0W-40), and a little can of Ventil Sauber valve cleaner. The 5 liter jug was $33 and the 1 liter 5W-40 was $6-something (the 5W-40 is slightly cheaper on a equal amount basis).

The Elves are a local Schwarzwald blending company called "Das Öl der kleinen Leute vermengend Firma"...they sell to Castrol but, as I am sure you can imagine, would rather sell to ELF. The French just won't pay as much as the Germans...AND they have gotten really difficult to negotiate with now that the Renault F1 team is doing so well.

Where is Der Schwarzwaldwesten at anyway? Is that in Germany somewhere?

pscholte: do you really speak German or are you really good at faking it?

Is 'pscholte' your real name?

If you really do live in Germany, how far are you from the Knipex factory?

quote:

Originally posted by GoldenRod:
Where is Der Schwarzwaldwesten at anyway? Is that in Germany somewhere?

pscholte: do you really speak German or are you really good at faking it?

Is 'pscholte' your real name?

If you really do live in Germany, how far are you from the Knipex factory?

GR,

So many questions...so few answers...I checked the official Elfe Meister manual and it advises me to remain engimatic...a conundrum even...but I will say this

I do live near der Schwarzwald
But it's not the one you think
However, I must tell you
I have been to THAT land of food and drink
And soon I should be there again
In a kleine Schwarzwald town
As I join with the rest of the world
When the FIFA World Cup comes around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back