Is this stuff beleivable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Al,

I would agree that the Amsoil products are much better than the image that is sometimes presented by some of the more "over the top" dealers. Of course I have found very few people that know much about synlubes, including some excellent mechanics. So most folks are kind of on their own when buying/using synthetic lubricants.

Ted

MESSAGE For KEN

Did you ever get an answer from the "Engineer" ? It's been almost a week.

"I emailed those guys and asked why they call Mobil1 semi-synthetic, why they cast aspersions on Group III base stocks and don't mention Amsoil XL-7500 (made from G-III), and if they're such hot-shot engineers why they talk so much about meaningless 4-ball tests.

If I get any answer at all I'll drop some money into the next charity change jar I see on a store counter.

Ken "

I have always been sceptical of all these Amsoil dealers and there "test" of how great their product is. This is obviously a bias opinion and test. Did you ever notice every "test" published by an Amsoil dealer always clearly shows how "bad" Mobil 1 is. Also, I am in three car clubs that include Grand National, Chevelle and BMW and follow Jeep for years. I have never met one person that uses Amsoil, except for a dealer that brings his car to a show to sell oil, and I meet tons of car-people from the modern high- performance to the muscle cars. It reminds of of politics; don't advertise what YOU do, just bash the compitition to sway people to your product. That worthless 4-ball bearing test is hardly a test of how good your product is.

[ August 22, 2002, 05:27 PM: Message edited by: dagmando ]

dagmando, they attack Mobil 1 because it is the best selling synthetic on the market today. Period. More recently, they have begun to attack Valvoline Max-Life as it has been quite successful.

I'm another one who is so turned off by Amsoil's "religion" that I don't consider even trying it anytime soon. There are too many good alternatives out there right now.

Still, for every dude like me, there are a handful of semi-conscious boobs that buy the hype ... hook, line & sinker. This is why they've stuck with this marketing strategy for so many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back