Is this sacrilege? Coolant mixing ...

Rainman Ray just ain't the same since he lost his job (making videos at work on customer's cars while at work.)

Now, as to mixing coolant.. just went through this. If you mix IAT coolant with some kind of OAT, HOAT, POAT, that is less than ideal and is actually bad. Having worked at a facility that made Universal Antifreeze.. my experience was, I did not think anything of it. Until my Ford/G-05 situation (now resolved.)

This thread seems 100% correct in all aspects thus far.

Did he specifically state then that he was fired for making YouTube videos? I don't recall him stating the reason for getting fired.

Question was about RRR channel. Answer: Yes. (Notice he says "fundamental disagreements" at 1:32, plus the comments all pretty much verify "policies and procedures" so they probably let him go for.. that. You might know more about it than me, maybe you've watched all his videos. I have not. I was late on the news although I and everyone else figured same, people were coming just for him. I'd NEVER have visited there if it wasn't for the promise of my car being featured on a huge YouTube channel, specifically requesting Rainman Ray to be the tech and dropping it off for a day he would be there, as the people at the desk of the business he was at let take place.)

There was another video with extensive discussion of same in comments. Here I found quickly.

Full disclosure, unrelated to his severance from there: I did have an appointment to have my car serviced there. Then a hurricane happened, he was let go right around the time of the hurricane, his videos stopped coming and he eventually updated everyone. He is now on a venture of independent business owner.. his skills seemed pretty good when he was at the previous business making videos, but, again, I've moved on.

Flat rate for sure, impact & power tools on everything, fast and easy parts store parts etc.
I see this on all of the car repair videos that I watch. They use battery powered ratchets on everything. Is this how it's done these days? I remember back when you couldn't use any battery powered tools on aircraft due to the possibility of arcing causing fire. Then they came out with the brushless motors and it changed things. But jeez, when you need a small 1/4" drive ratchet to take out a fastener and these guys are fighting and struggling to get that big, bulky electric ratchet in the tight spacing... it makes no sense.

I guess I'm old school...

I see this on all of the car repair videos that I watch. They use battery powered ratchets on everything. Is this how it's done these days? I remember back when you couldn't use any battery powered tools on aircraft due to the possibility of arcing causing fire. Then they came out with the brushless motors and it changed things. But jeez, when you need a small 1/4" drive ratchet to take out a fastener and these guys are fighting and struggling to get that big, bulky electric ratchet in the tight spacing... it makes no sense.

I guess I'm old school...
I'm fine with removal but final assembly with battery tools, not even hand torque? I see him doing this on oil and Trans pans and cringe.

Last edited:
i take everything out i can easily reach with a 3/8 cordless impact, and I use it to run bolts in, but I tighten everything by hand, especially pan bolts or other things you shouldn't overtourque. for bolts that are hard to get to i use hand tools

Back