Is this one of the good or the bad Walmart batteries?

large.jpg

Bought last summer for a Saturn Vue. $55. Thing sits weeks at a time if not longer when I don't need it. Starts every time. Can you tell if it's the good or bad manufacturer espoused on this forum? I rarely buy new batteries but couldn't find a used one that fit, and when they want $30-$35, why bother.

I bought one of those $50 Value batteries at WalMart about 3 years ago and put it in my old '99 GMC pickup. I sold the truck to a friend and the battery is still going strong. The old truck would sit for a week or more without being started when I had it and my friend hasn't been driving much the past month because of health problems and it started right up for him the other day. Good batteries!

have a everstart in my wife's focus...a 2 year battery , that's all that was available at the time, 3 years + and still starts strong , she doesn't drive a lot anymore so the car sits way more than it's driven... I'd get more info on the battery but it's just way to cold to go out there

Don't know. Just that when a battery discussion appears here, it's turns to one company that makes the good ones and the other, the bad ones.

So some people don’t like Exide, some don’t like JCI, especially as they have moved to Mexico... EastPenn is considered to be a good manufacturer, but it’s TBD if their mexican sourced batteries are as good...

So this is the basic $50 "Value" battery at Walmart. Made by East Penn. One year warranty. Expect 2 or 3 years out of it.

I would get some grease on the rusty bolts on your rusty battery clamps.

Back