Is this normal ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That I keep on going out to buy oil?
grin2.gif

I swear to stop, but every time I go to NAPA, I keep picking up the 2.99 synthetic. I already have enough (2 cases), but I keep buying more. I have to return my NG air filter (rubber gasket is too thick for the intake) tomorrow, and the urge is going to hit me again.

Good news is, at least the month is almost over...
LOL.gif

But then the counter guy said that if the price of oil keeps dropping, there could be a good chance of a 1.99-2.49 special in the fall...

Don't count on the price of oil dropping, it hit bottom and did an about face. If things keep up oil will be rising in price. Stock pile it, I am.
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: ADFD1
Don't count on the price of oil dropping, it hit bottom and did an about face. If things keep up oil will be rising in price. Stock pile it, I am.
cheers3.gif

Between my Napa and PP, I seem to be doing a good job of that..
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
That I keep on going out to buy oil?
grin2.gif

I swear to stop, but every time I go to NAPA, I keep picking up the 2.99 synthetic. I already have enough (2 cases), but I keep buying more. I have to return my NG air filter (rubber gasket is too thick for the intake) tomorrow, and the urge is going to hit me again.

Good news is, at least the month is almost over...
LOL.gif

But then the counter guy said that if the price of oil keeps dropping, there could be a good chance of a 1.99-2.49 special in the fall...

Add him to the infected list...
LOL.gif

You're a normal BITOG-er. I say, stock pile it when it's cheap so you don't have to worry when it isn't... It's financially smart too.

I have a stock pile that would last me a couple years of oil changes... and I do a lot of driving...
grin2.gif

This past weekend I spent $150 on Shell Synthetic 5w40 for my Cabriolet and bought enough for 6 years! Muhahahaha
LOL.gif

im in the same boat. ever since i started reading BITOG..i now look for sales when i really shouldnt. i have enough stash for at least 6 oil changes. i just bought 12 quarts of Royal Purple and now im good for 9 oil changes or so. my concern now is that some oil company might come out with a new formulated GC/Mobil 1/RoyalPurple hybrid oil that is so good that i might not use my current stash. i have an itch to purchase Amsoil now but i know i really shouldnt. makes me wonder what would happen if i mix 1 quart each of Mobil 1/RP/PP/Amsoil on my next oil change?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MBCLK
im in the same boat. ever since i started reading BITOG..i now look for sales when i really shouldnt. i have enough stash for at least 6 oil changes. i just bought 12 quarts of Royal Purple and now im good for 9 oil changes or so. my concern now is that some oil company might come out with a new formulated GC/Mobil 1/RoyalPurple hybrid oil that is so good that i might not use my current stash. i have an itch to purchase Amsoil now but i know i really shouldnt. makes me wonder what would happen if i mix 1 quart each of Mobil 1/RP/PP/Amsoil on my next oil change?

Do it! It sounds cool!

Well, if something better does come out, you can sell the old stuff (at a profit I'm guessing)....

Maybe its an undiagnosed anxiety disorder that forces you to buy motor oil when you see a good deal ?
21.gif

As long as your wife doesn't force you to go on the Dr Phil show for advice, but I think you are OK.

Pre BITOG - I only bought a few quarts of oil on day of the oil change, but now I got approx 170-180 quarts of oil cause I just can't pass up free or low cost oil.

Its normal! Whats abnormal is when you weigh the jugs to ensure proper quantity then take pictures of them like family.

Thats just crazy!

Heres my latest adition 1 of four for $11 each.
DSC00239.jpg

DSC00193.jpg

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Maybe its an undiagnosed anxiety disorder that forces you to buy motor oil when you see a good deal ?
21.gif

As long as your wife doesn't force you to go on the Dr Phil show for advice, but I think you are OK.

Pre BITOG - I only bought a few quarts of oil on day of the oil change, but now I got approx 170-180 quarts of oil cause I just can't pass up free or low cost oil.

170 to 180 quarts? ur kidding, right? how many cars do u have? if u have 2 cars, u will outlive ur collection. can i have first dibs on all ur oil when u leave this life? might as well give it to a fellow BITOG member who appreciates a nice stash

I'm at around 60 quarts and we have 4 vehicles. It's hard to pass up synthetic when you can get it for $2-$3 a quart. I'm afraid that we might be on the verge of 1977 again. Obama isn't instilling any confidence in me.

Originally Posted By: Fester
Its normal! Whats abnormal is when you weigh the jugs to ensure proper quantity then take pictures of them like family.

Thats just crazy!

Heres my latest adition 1 of four for $11 each.
DSC00239.jpg

DSC00193.jpg

What's funny about you talking about a disorder is that there is a small prescription bottle in the lower-left of your second picture.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Nyquist
What's funny about you talking about a disorder is that there is a small prescription bottle in the lower-left of your second picture.

LOL.gif
I missed that... He probably put that there so we would believe his story! J/K
grin2.gif

Yes, I'm an oil-whore. There...I said it. Those blessed bottles mean so much to me-be they quarts, gallons, or the extra-big 5 quart jugs. That special time I spend draining the old, and refilling with new...it's like life is starting fresh again.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
No kidding about the 180 quarts, I once posted a picture in the Photo Section.
I maintain 8 cars for our family.

wow. well 180 quarts is definitely appropriate then.

Originally Posted By: ocrstar
Yes, I'm an oil-whore. There...I said it. Those blessed bottles mean so much to me-be they quarts, gallons, or the extra-big 5 quart jugs. That special time I spend draining the old, and refilling with new...it's like life is starting fresh again.

Blessed?

Yeah, I know, me too! I have 15 qts of syn(PP, QTP, M-1) and 60+ qts of a variety of dinos. I think that I'am good through 2013 in which time I beleive I will retire.

All this WM $22 and Target $1.75 and Kmart $5.00 M1 has me load up well,,but will
continue to add to the stash.
20.gif
i can't stop!!!

Originally Posted By: daman
All this WM $22 and Target $1.75 and Kmart $5.00 M1 has me load up well,,but will
continue to add to the stash.
20.gif
i can't stop!!!

Yep, now I have to start a M1 stash....

The big question. In addition to the pictures of the kids/pets/car you have in the wallet, do you have any of your oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back