Is this a VW owners manual misprint concerning oil usage?

In Europe that was across the board in 90's. Not just VW. It started with dramatic downsizing of engines which hit Europe far earlier than US.
I was referring to the US manuals starting to include the oil consumption disclaimer. However mine didn’t have it even though the Euro one did. Sorry for the confusion.

My father had an early 2000 Chevy Silverado that consumed huge amounts of oil from day one. I dont remember the exact details of his experience other than GM put him on a oil monitoring regime at his dealership and they bought it back 6 months later.
In my experience there are a few that consume oil but most don't.

LOL, true. In 1990's Castrol had that so called "Black Castrol" 15W40 in black plastic containers. That thing was sooooo good I think people were using instead of Robitussin. Very, very little burn with that thing.
10w40 though....but container of 15w40 was the same :)
RE9_zKKQIg1RsiIS2RTQKXCWBW440nvjKH756T9tUgfXwaUFkLD1u5SYfjFNX2pSQ6b-UkFaBY367Y2KYW80GOvOoUhil4Kt1g

That thing was sooooo good I think people were using instead of Robitussin. Very, very little burn with that thing.
So you’re saying if I drink the whole bottle of GTX2 I will go on a psychedelic vacation? Sign me up please

Back