Is this a legit website or a virus download?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
and a new Extension I found last week....... Disable Autoplay. It stops the auto-runs of videos at many major newspapers and Pro Sports websites I visit.

Are you using Chrome? FF has a setting for this in Preferences. No need to install an extension.

Originally Posted by uc50ic4more
Originally Posted by OVERKILL
both have ABP installed

Why ABP over uBlock Origin?

Been using it for a long, long time and have probably just become complacent
21.gif

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
ABP is slower web-surfing, versus that of the noticeably faster UBlock Origin, which I run. I also run Privacy Badger and a new Extension I found last week....... Disable Autoplay. It stops the auto-runs of videos at many major newspapers and Pro Sports websites I visit.

I don't notice a speed impact regardless of what I run. Brave, naked, isn't any faster than FF or Chrome with our without ABP. This system is pretty quick for being 10 years old (with a few upgrades along the way) and the network setup is pretty decent as well.

What I like, though, about some of these non-Chrome browsers is that their *mobile* versions feature their built-in ad-blockers (and/ or browser extensions); Chrome does not.

Now that will make me look into an alternative to Chrome on my iPhone (I just don't like Safari).

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
What I like, though, about some of these non-Chrome browsers is that their *mobile* versions feature their built-in ad-blockers (and/ or browser extensions); Chrome does not.

Now that will make me look into an alternative to Chrome on my iPhone (I just don't like Safari).

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/brave-private-web-browser/id1052879175

I don't know enough about Apple's walled garden ecosystem to know if Brave can import all of your Chrome data right on the phone; but it's pretty trivial on a desktop or laptop and Android.

Firefox also has an iOS version.

In any case, I believe all they're doing is providing a "skin" for Safari's rendering engine; but it's better than nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back