Is there anything I need to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mic

Hello,
I am new to the site. This site has very good information. At the same time I find the information on oil from this site overwhelming.
I have an 01 with 40K and an 03 with 7.5K. I am going to switch over to synthetic for the next oil changes.
Is there anything I need to do to my vehicles before changing over to synthetic motor oil?

Best Regards,
Jeff

Well-don't be overwhelmed. And don't be afraid to ask a question or participate. ) Heck there are people here who have hundreds and thousands of posts and can't for certain which oil is the best oil.
grin.gif

You really shouldn't need to do aything special. As was mentioned-you might want to change the one with 40K ant maybe 3K miles or so the first time or maybe change the filter at 3K or so.

quote:

Originally posted by Al:
Well-don't be overwhelmed. And don't be afraid to ask a question or participate. ) Heck there are people here who have hundreds and thousands of posts and can't for certain which oil is the best oil.
grin.gif

Like me! I still don't know what's the best!
smile.gif

But honestly, there are a lot of good oils out there which can get the job done, it's all about what your comfort level is in terms of how much you want to pay, and the availability in your area.

As far as switching to a synthetic oil, with lower mileage like that, nothing special needs to be done. Just don't try and do the very first interval at something long like 15,000 miles. Keep the first interval after switching to synthetic down to about 5 or 6k, then after doing an oil analysis, see if you want to stretch it longer or not.

I would like to thank everyone for their input.

For my scientific process of choosing a synthetic oil. I am going to put the names of all the brands, that everyone states are the best, on a spinning wheel and throw a dart.

Thanks again everyone.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back