Is there anyone left in the world who isn't a FB user?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CKN
The "demographics" of BITOG is becoming painfully obvious........

Ya think?
crackmeup2.gif

I am for retaining networking as it got me two jobs. I have over 200 friends and don't post anything.

I just follow a few pages with personal interests. Also watch the local Online Tag sale like a hawk. I live in affluent area and people price stuff to get rid of which goes so fast. Also you can see their profile at least and know they are not shady or what you are dealing with. I feel like safe way of selling/buying. I recently purchased about $1000 of car rack stuff 3 years old for $100. I ended up selling some piece I did not need for $100 on eBay...

If you are a business owner starting out you are crazy AND stupid not to take advantage of the simple pages you can create with your business picture, address, email, phone etc. You can post too but that takes work. A website creation costs you money to not look hokey. Your business shows up in immediate search results outside of FB AND you don't need a facebook account to view that simple information.

No SM here. Period. Not only NO but H$LL NO.

Companies moving to do all of their customer service via SM says plenty about them...in a negative way to me. This is another modern-day mass movement of #metoo, 'likes' and 'share'.

The vast majority are clueless that by doing so, THEY are the product being sold. They're not the customer. Everything 'about them' is being merchandized to SM's customers.

Be Careful The Web You Weave......

Originally Posted By: 4WD
Last week I fell asleep with chapter 5 on my face … does that count?
wink.gif

Nice! I'm guilty of the same probably four nights a week.

No social media for me, unless BITOG and a couple of vehicle-specific forums count ...

I realize I'm missing out on things, but consider it a fair trade-off. My friend in the local fatbike community e-mails me when there's an event coming up. (There are a handful of us local fatbikers who won't join Facebook, even though there's a dedicated group on FB.)

My grandson is at Paris Island for basic training. Relatives of Alpha Co recruits visit and take pictures and put them on the official Alpha Co. Webpage. Its neat.My HS class (1964), and retires from work and a number of individual friends that I have known for 70 years are on.

My best friend, a girl who lived 4 doors away from me is a "friend" on FB. I have to say it has enriched my life. Every one of my 100 "friends" on FB is truly a "Friend". Some of you guys are missing out..or possibly you have no need for "old" friends. People always say they can visit them but sometimes that is impractical.

Also our township, church, etc has one.

A number of years ago I never thought I would have a page...glad I changed my mind.

I refuse to give up on Facebook because I have friends from all over who I like to keep in touch with.

If the CEO of FB wants to grade me as a user by my 240z, Jeep and cat photo likes, let him. That's about all he'll get from me.

Originally Posted By: Al
My grandson is at Paris Island for basic training. Relatives of Alpha Co recruits visit and take pictures and put them on the official Alpha Co. Webpage. Its neat.My HS class (1964), and retires from work and a number of individual friends that I have known for 70 years are on.

My best friend, a girl who lived 4 doors away from me is a "friend" on FB. I have to say it has enriched my life. Every one of my 100 "friends" on FB is truly a "Friend". Some of you guys are missing out..or possibly you have no need for "old" friends. People always say they can visit them but sometimes that is impractical.

Also our township, church, etc has one.

A number of years ago I never thought I would have a page...glad I changed my mind.

My mom is friends with a bunch of people she went to high school with. She had her 50 year anniversary a couple years ago. She went to high school in West Chester, PA, Bishop Shanahan, and then moved to Seattle the week after graduating. It has let her get in contact with people who she would otherwise only see at reunions or when visiting Chester County.

Where else can you go and post falsehoods or I heard or regurgitate advertising claims like they are honest to you know who facts or post things like you actually know things when you don't.

Can't use sites like Facebook on dial-up speeds out here in the boonies.

I stick to text websites with little or no graphics.

BITOG is a good example of a site that works for me.

Facebook is just plain boring! Got rid of my "smart" phone, went back to a good 'ole flip phone!

(An example of facebook content: "Look at me, I went to the hardware store and got a hammer. Here is picture of my new hammer"

Give me break! LOL

Last edited:
How do you get people posting stuff like that on FB ? Is it the people you friend ? I get very little garbage, and if I do, I unfollow.

I have thought about facebook, to connect with people i used to work with. But every time i get close , i find a reason i don't want it.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
I have thought about facebook, to connect with people i used to work with. But every time i get close , i find a reason i don't want it.

Exactly. Some folks I work with are on it 24/7. No thanks

I have one to keep up with my family 3000 miles away. It is an easy way for my mom to see her grandkids.
Helps me keep up with old Navy buddies too.

I figure I work for the Government and I am enrolled in the VA. Half the world and all of China have my SSN after the last few
data breaches. If they don't want me Mark doesn't either!
smile.gif

I thought I would be the last holdout, but my niece signed me up and built a page two years ago. I mostly just keep up with family. It's nice for that. I post a few funny items, but that's about it. My big complaint is people who think their life is sooooooo interesting. Seeing someone post a selfie every time they go to the store for milk or eat a hamburger gets old real quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back