Is there a clear choice between M1EP 5W20

Status
Not open for further replies.
and M1 AFE 0W20? The car is a 4 cylinder 2007 Camry with 100K miles, the oci is 10K miles and the climate is Charlotte NC (basically NC/SC state line).

Camry 4-cyl is easy on oil, M1 AFE 0W20 should be able to do 10-12k OCI if your driving condition is not severe.

My LS400 engine is not exactly the same as your Camry, but I had been doing 15-16k OCI or 1 year with M1 and other syn oils for many years.

I don't think the difference in cold flow viscosity between EP 5w20 and M1 0w20 is anything to lose sleep over... especially in North Carolina. the EP is $2 more at Wal-Mart... use whatever makes you sleep better

Originally Posted By: Ram01
Are you burning oil in that 07 camry???

I wouldn't say it burns oil. It uses about 1/2 quart every 1500-2000 miles. Nevertheless, after I had the valve cover gasket replaced on my 97 Camry, it goes through less oil than the 07 despite the fact that the 97 has 255K miles as compared to 100K on the 07.

Last edited:
M1 0-20 has worked very well for both of my engines at 10K OCIs. Both are clean as new through the oil fill hole.

Between the two, I'd use the AFE, based upon everything I've seen here, including some UOAs.

Originally Posted By: tig1
M1 0-20 has worked very well for both of my engines at 10K OCIs. Both are clean as new through the oil fill hole.

Tig, as you know, getting to the point that I could do 10K ocis was a big step for me. You were influential in that regard. It's certainly an improvement when my only worry now is which synthetic oil to use at that oci. I'm headed to Wally World and will probably take your advice and buy the AFE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back