Is safe to use copper anti seize on brake pad?

Im learning to change brake pads and caliper from watching chrisfix videos and he uses copper anti seize on back of the brake pad. Is this safe for the piston boots rubber? Also he uses silicone ceramic paste for the guide pins. Is this also safe?

its not what I use

are you considering using it or want to know just because?

its not what I use

are you considering using it or want to know just because?
I have already used it yesterday while changing my pad and caliper. After i was done it dawned on me if these things are safe on rubber boots and rubber guide pins. I searched google but found mixed information regarding anti seize and rubber boots. If its not good in the long run i rather go through the hassle and take them out and clean them

I think you are fine. I prefer a very high solids content lube on the ears and pads.

and silglyde or silicone grease on the pins/slides

It's less problematic what you use for metal on metal contacting parts. When it comes to anything that touches rubber, it's more advisable to use a silicone based lubricant like sylglide or that orange permatex lubricant.

It's a toss up if you'll have problems or not with the purple permatex.

Here's a video that explains why it matters.

Im learning to change brake pads and caliper from watching chrisfix videos and he uses copper anti seize on back of the brake pad. Is this safe for the piston boots rubber? Also he uses silicone ceramic paste for the guide pins. Is this also safe?
No, copper anti seize it not good for piston or pin EPDM rubber boots and the silicone ceramic paste sucks, it dries out and the pins stick. sil-gylde is okay but there is not much silicone in it, it is castor oil and silicone.
For pads with shims you shouldn't need anything for pads with no shims use a membrane product, you can also use this if you have pads with shims that squeal. For pins I use Mission silicone, just a thin film and for the pad ears and sliding exterior surfaces CRC brake caliper grease.

Than
It's less problematic what you use for metal on metal contacting parts. When it comes to anything that touches rubber, it's more advisable to use a silicone based lubricant like sylglide or that orange permatex lubricant.

It's a toss up if you'll have problems or not with the purple permatex.

Here's a video that explains why it matters.

No, copper anti seize it not good for piston or pin EPDM rubber boots and the silicone ceramic paste sucks, it dries out and the pins stick. sil-gylde is okay but there is not much silicone in it, it is castor oil and silicone.
For pads with shims you shouldn't need anything for pads with no shims use a membrane product, you can also use this if you have pads with shims that squeal. For pins I use Mission silicone, just a thin film and for the pad ears and sliding exterior surfaces CRC brake caliper grease.

Thank you! I have not finished my brake job yet and car has not been used either. Copper anti seize has been sitting between my piston boot and brake pad for almost 24 hours now. Will my rubber boot be okay? Couple hours from now once i ge lt home im thinking about wiping the pads and piston/boots down with wet paper towel. Will this be suffice?

You don't soak it in it just spray a little on and wipe it off. EPDM rubber is also use in coolant hoses it takes a while for them to deteriorate even when cars have oil leaks, if you clean the oil off early with a solvent its not an issue.

Don't forget the issue of "heat" on your pads and components. Be sure to use the hi-temp version. All I carry in my toolbox and use if not supplied with the replacement pads!

I have already used it yesterday while changing my pad and caliper. After i was done it dawned on me if these things are safe on rubber boots and rubber guide pins. I searched google but found mixed information regarding anti seize and rubber boots. If its not good in the long run i rather go through the hassle and take them out and clean them
"copper anti seize on back of the brake pad"

Not my regular practice, but probably OK if used very sparingly just on the back of the pad. I guess it would depend on what exactly the piston face is made of.

What/how that idea morphed into anti-sieze on boots and rubber guide pin covers, I have no idea.

I don't use anything on the back of the pads. Tried once, squealed very bad, had to live with it for a few months until it washed off. Never again. Little Honda M77 (as recommended by The_Critic) on the pad ears, just on those sliding surfaces, and then Sil-Glyde for the pins (just inside of the boots).

And anti-seize on the rotor to hub mating surfaces, and on the wheel to rotor surfaces, so as to prevent future pain. Not had a problem with cheap silver stuff here.

I will try to remove the stainless steel shims that the pad ears slide on, clean up both sides, and the caliper bracket too, and I'll put some M77 onto the caliper bracket, in hopes of slowing down the rust. Doesn't seem to work much but it makes me feel better. When doing a brake job, I've found it best to plan on removing the bracket so as to clean that area, it's just easier to get it wire brushed down when off the car.

I've run copper anti-seize on my previous vehicle (VW 2006 Golf mk1 model of a 1970s design :D) for the better part of 12 years and no issues on the piston rubber seals. Only used it on the back of the pads and along the guides for the pad ears. Pins were given generic silicone grease from the parts store. Same for my older 1995 Mk1. No issues with the boots after 170,000km.

For the newer VW (2017) I picked up a tube of Ate Plastilube when sorting out a stuck, dragging rear caliper. Been couple of years now and no issues with it.

I have been wondering if it might help to get some silicone spray under the piston boot of the rear calipers. These are Lucas calipers. First time I've seen pistons show corrosion and stickiness at just 25,000km and this is a dry climate. It dragged so bad it might have cooked up that wheel bearing.

I used to use sil-Glyde on the slide pins but for the past few years I use 3M silicone paste on the slide pins.
3M copper anti seize on the hubs before put rotors on and I use a tiny amount on the caliper bracket before putting the clips in the bracket.

Since I live in NE , before and after winter I like to take the wheels off, relube the slide pins and just clean it up some

Subaru, as well as Nissan and Mercedes called for anti-seizeish compounds on the pad ears and abutment clips of their brake pads. Subaru/Nissan called for Molykote 7439, Mercedes bremsklotzpaste is rumored to be Bostik Never-Seez.

Personally, I use Toyota Rubber Grease or Molykote 111 for slide pins or rubber parts and a off-the-shelf grease for brake parts on the pads. Currently, that’s Permatex high-temp silicone.

Back