Is Redline Euro Series Ultimate DI Turbo oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know the moly level? If it is high moly, ester based and low calcium wouldn't that be a good formula to guard against lspi? This is their communication to me about euro, happens to be on sale right now jegs for 9.20 a qrt many weights euto formula..

Burla,

Thank you for contacting Red Line Oil, the Euro Series contains about ½ the calcium level of the Motor Oils.

The Euro Series oils are reduced SaPS oils primarily used in late model European DPF equipped diesel applications where that product is specified.

What year model Ram is this? The Euro Series 5W30 is used in the 2014+ Ram 1500 3.0L diesel.

Regards,

Dave Granquist

Originally Posted by Mainia
I think it has a Ca of 1600, low moly because of deposits.

Thanks, I didnt see a uoa, maybe I look through the entire section. That would be a little high imo then for what I was saying. I was just going off what dave from redline wrote, maybe it was wrong info.

Originally Posted by UG_Passat
Why not buy a bottle and get a VOA conducted on it and report back?

I don't have a di turbo, my friend just bought one I'm asking for him. I have an email into Dave at redline asking for CA and Moly levels of their euro line, and asked him if redline will make a sn+ type formula in the future. I will post it when and if I get a response.

Their 5W30 Euro looks pretty good. On other hand their Professional one looks mediocre at best.
I have stash of Castrol Edge 0W30 that I will use in Tiguan soon. With that OCI I am done with 0W30 stash, so I am actually contemplating Redline 5W30 Euro.
I would do Castrol 0W30 UOA and than Redline UOA just to see how they compare (I know they are different SAPS levels, but just to see).

Yeah, I think their "profesional" line was born after 66 bought them. High Performance line or bust imo.

Well, that was quick, lol.

Burla,

The 5W30 Euro Series contains 1550ppm calcium and 120ppm moly

The 5W40 Euro Series contains 1925ppm calcium and 120ppm moly

The Professional Series 0W20, 5W20 and 5W30 all pass the SN Plus/dexos1 Gen 2 LSPI procedures.

Based on the current available information we don't believe there is an issue with the formulation of the High Performance Motor Oils. There isn't currently a calculation to predict the likelihood of LSPI other than a laboratory engine test procedure. Before submitting an oil we would like to be reasonably assured the formulation will pass. In the future we may be able to evaluate the current product line or formulate a specific LSPI oil.

Regards,

Dave Granquist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back