Is Providence oil from Rural King worth a try?

They're running a sale on this oil and I'm coming up on an oil change on my brother's car. What say the experts? Thanks

Addition: He has a 2016 Toyota Camry with around 45K miles.

Made by Warren-should be similar to Super Tech, Mag1, and their other private brands.
Actualy, Super Tech and Mag1 are made by Warren Distributing, which is a different company than Warren Oil which makes the Providence oil. Warren Oil's own brand is Lubriguard and they make lots of house brand oils. Either way, they are all fully formulated and PQIA tested to meet the latest specifications so should be more than fine to use.

There’s a UOA in the UOA forum where it sheared hard even with 3qts of makeup oil.

Actualy, Super Tech and Mag1 are made by Warren Distributing, which is a different company than Warren Oil which makes the Providence oil. Warren Oil's own brand is Lubriguard and they make lots of house brand oils. Either way, they are all fully formulated and PQIA tested to meet the latest specifications so should be more than fine to use.
Is there a list of all the oils Warren Oil makes?

Well, their license was withdrawn, and you should generally stick to oil that's either branded by a known brand or at least the generic for a major retailer, not some no name stuff that seems suspicious.

1627158266788.png

Thank everyone. I've decided to pass on this deal. It's a shame. $9.99 for 5 qts is pretty **** good. Oh well.

Back