Is pennzoil platinum discontinued?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they don't discontinue Platinum. That would be a dumb move on Pennzoil's part.

Doubt it, but that would be just like some of of the retail brands- you find the holy grail of oil for your machine and they decide to move on to the next marketing blitz. Like when you could not find M1 TDT 5W-40 around for a long time.

Anyone one know if PP still comes in a 15W50? I saw it at a Pep Boys a couple of years ago,but I haven`t seen it since,and it`s not listed on their website.

Originally Posted By: HOndaGuy
Can't find it in stores at all. Wondering whats the deal?

Thanks,

Aaron

Please name some of the stores? What did the stores manager/clerks say - as to why their shelves were empty of Platinum?

According to Johnny, PP is a top seller so I highly doubt it's going anywhere.

I just got some in to stock the shelves up... it's going on sale starting Thursday at AZ. 5 quarts and a Fram TG filter for $19.99, I believe. Seems like a low price, as most synthetic oil/filter deals are in the $30s.

Originally Posted By: rangerdood
I just got some in to stock the shelves up... it's going on sale starting Thursday at AZ. 5 quarts and a Fram TG filter for $19.99, I believe. Seems like a low price, as most synthetic oil/filter deals are in the $30s.

That's a pretty good deal. Based on the Wal-Mart price in my area, it's like you're getting a free oil filter.

Can't find it at autozone, advance auto parts, or murrays discount auto parts. Haven't checked wally world yet, but I will try them again.

I bought it all and it's in my basement.......
grin2.gif

I smell a formula change coming.
grin2.gif
I wouldn't put it past them. Just like Performax; once it started getting a following, change the formula to save production $$ and charge more at the counter.

Originally Posted By: ProfPS
I smell a formula change coming.
grin2.gif
I wouldn't put it past them. Just like Performax; once it started getting a following, change the formula to save production $$ and charge more at the counter.

They already did that once with the PP line. The original PP were grpV base. It caught fire here on BITOG and almost immediately went to GrpIII.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back