Is my oil good enough for Kia Gamma1.6T GDI ?

My wife's '21 Kia Seltos with the 1.6 turbo engine calls for ACEA A5 oil. What I have on hand is four or five 5 quart jugs of oil that meets or exceeds ILSAC GF-5, API SN plus and API SP. These range from RGT to QS Full Synth and Valvoline Extended Protection. I don't know how ACEA A5 compared or relates to the ILSAC and API designations. I'll guess that what I have on hand is good enough (or more than good enough) but would rather hear that from you folks.

Thanks for any help.

Your manual says you MUST use a European spec oil? For a KIA?

I can't imagine any of the oils you have listed above will be a problem in a 30 weight. I would never run under a 30 weight in a Hyundai / KIA though.

SN Plus and SP are fine. The oils you mention are definitely good enough. QSFS 5w30 is in my wife's Palisade at the moment and Valvoline Synthetic was used on a 3,300 round trip drive to Toronto / Miami. We had zero consumption and the car ran/runs like a top.

My wife's '21 Kia Seltos with the 1.6 turbo engine calls for ACEA A5 oil. What I have on hand is four or five 5 quart jugs of oil that meets or exceeds ILSAC GF-5, API SN plus and API SP. These range from RGT to QS Full Synth and Valvoline Extended Protection. I don't know how ACEA A5 compared or relates to the ILSAC and API designations. I'll guess that what I have on hand is good enough (or more than good enough) but would rather hear that from you folks.

Thanks for any help.
Bottom line change that oil regularly

5w40.jpg

I'd skip the 5w30 and use any 5w40. Get some UOA data and adjust visc as needed to make up for fuel dilution.
Is it a Hyundai? is it GDI? Is it a turbo? If you answered yes to any of those questions, you need viscosity, a witch doctor, and a rabbit's foot.

Any 5W30 is good for the 1.6T, run 5w30 in my daughters 20 KIA Soul Turbo as is on the oil cap. witch doctor :ROFLMAO:

ACEA A5 is superseded by A7 which is more aligned now with API SP/GF6 with the exception of having higher SAPS limit.

Back