Is my mouse going bad?

Are we talking about those cheap wired Dell mice? Because those are terrible to use.
... and the buttons wear out.

The ones that come with a system are just re-badged cheap generic mice. Buy a Logitech or a Microsoft instead.

unless you have access to the underside of the buttons "where you can put a few drops of contact cleaner or rubbing alcohol" sounds like it is time for a replacement.. this is a very good mouse i been using for a while now. long run time and the idea of being rechargeable makes it pocket friendly no batts to replace.

And here I was sure you'd complain about something related to it being wireless vs wired. How do I unsubscribe to this thread ? :ROFLMAO:

Any brand mouse with any color, race, gender or persuasion (cable or wireless) will work in any computer since it is a standard USB connection.
Denoted by the "U" which means Universal.
The wireless will come with a small USB flash-like item to be plugged in to USB port.
The wired, you should know.

LOL!!!

I guess for those that view cars as an appliance, it doesn't matter that the computer mouse match. For you, tires can be from different brands. One tire can be a whitewall while the others are all black, etc. Heck, even the wheels don't have to be the same as long as they fit. :LOL:

I guess for those that view cars as an appliance, it doesn't matter that the computer mouse match. For you, tires can be from different brands. One tire can be a whitewall while the others are all black, etc. Heck, even the wheels don't have to be the same as long as they fit. :LOL:
I'm sitting in front of 5 monitors at the moment--all 5 are different. 2 are off (home setup). That leaves my work setup, which is the laptop monitor, and then two different Dell monitors which thankfully are the same dimensions. Two different Dell mice (home laptop has a Logitech). The setup spans a homemade desk I made in high school and then a pressboard desk I made during WFH.

Sometimes I miss the "shrug" smilie, it'd apply here.

And I do view my cars as appliances. ;) If you want to see a real hodge-podge you should look in my tool set, that's a real mess of assorted tools from over the years.

Yes, it seems I can decide to buy a $10,000 car quicker than a mouse. Went with this wired one on Ebay for $9. The cordless ones all seem too small, like the one that came with my laptop. Doesn't fit your hand comfortably.

s-l500.jpg

If you must have one that says "Dell" on it, it looks like these are the official choices:

Swap the left and right mouse button in OS settings and then see if the behavior changes. Mice are all over the place you can probably find one in the e-waste or office.

I must have at least 5-10 around the house and the office combined. It is not worth fixing unless it is some unobtainium Apple magic / mighty mouse, which is junk and I swap them out for Logitech anyways.

No. What you are attempting to do is akin to trying to buy Mercedes branded tires for your Mercedes car.

OEM mice are garbage.

Most Dell mouses are made by Logitech or Microsoft.

How do you know the condition of a new mouse is going to match your old keyboard? I think if you want to match the color you will want to open it up and keep the old mouse's case and new mouses circuit board. Then it will "match".

I don't know, it all seems like body shop spray paint matching to me. How have our tech world degenerated into a fashion like this?

Last edited:
No. What you are attempting to do is akin to trying to buy Mercedes branded tires for your Mercedes car.

OEM mice are garbage.
Don't think I've ever seen Mercedes brand tires. And Panda says Dell mouse made by Logitech or Microsoft. This one lasted 5 years so they are pretty good for me.

OEM mice are garbage.

I'd say it's more like buying Toyota oil for your Corolla.

Dell mice are actually decent quality, their mouse accessories items are extremely high quality.

Back