Is motorcraft 15w40 a synthetic blend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is motorcraft 15w40 a synthetic blend?

Is it safe to use this diesel oil in a gasoline engine?

I usually run 5w30/10w30 for 6000kms, and the car will burn a quart every 2000kms, hence I'm considering a thicker grade. It's easily available at Walmart, and probably better than most 10w40s out there.

Is western Canada the maritime areas? I would not be pouring in a 15W anything otherwise in October.

I ran Rotella 15W-40 last fall and one spot of 15F weather and it was out....

Last edited:
I doubt it's any thicker than a 10w40, or other HM oils that people seem to be running. In the winter I can always mix in a quart of 5w20.

Originally Posted By: jagger
I usually run 5w30/10w30 for 6000kms, and the car will burn a quart every 2000kms, hence I'm considering a thicker grade. It's easily available at Walmart, and probably better than most 10w40s out there.

Where in Canada are you finding a Walmart that sells Motorcraft oil?

Jagger.
The MotorCraft 15W40 isn't a syn/blend that I am aware of but, a very good oil just the same.
smile.gif
If you have used other 15W40 diesel motor oils in your '91 Celica with good success in colder temps, then the MotorCraft will also be fine. I am assuming that your talking about the car in your signature?

Although, I would agree that a thinner oil for the up coming winter would be easily beneficial in that engine unless it's a leaker/burner as you mentioned.

It is safe to use diesel oil in a gas engine.
I would go for cold starting flow this winter [that means the 15-40 is not the most suitable, even though it is a fine oil].
If she burns oil, simply top it up .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back