Is Mobil Turbo Diesel Truck 5W-40 Group III?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to know if Mobil TDT is a group III or if it is mostly group III with just a little group IV added. I just don't see how they can sell it for $22 - $26 a gallon - $5.50 to $6.50 a quart, if it has much PAO in it

oh, oh no.

The last time a "oil group" question was asked, it ended up being locked after 17 pages, and a lot of
32.gif
discussion.

It'll be fun to see where this one goes!

All Mobil 1 grades are a mix of GRP IV (PAO) & V (AN and maybe esters), and many have a percentage of GRP III.

Mobil 1 still claims that their oils are "majority" GRP IV based, and I don't see why they would switch to a majority GRP III oil when they themselves are the largest PAO producer in the US.

From what I have read on the board, M1's 0w40, 5w40 tdt, 15w50, high mileage, and "0w" oils are considered to have higher PAO content than the mainstream grades.

Originally Posted By: opposite_locker
From what I have read on the board, M1's 0w40, 5w40 tdt, 15w50, high mileage, and "0w" oils are considered to have higher PAO content than the mainstream grades.

Be careful who you believe without proof on any forum. Such statements have a snow-ball effect where people say them then others repeat it along with things other people have said. You've got to go to the source which best comes from the MSDSs and you need to select different countries to get as much detail as possible. Japan and Korea are the two best countries to select to get info. on base oil and fluids added in additive amounts. High Mileage M1 is not sold in Japan or Korea but when I last checked the U.S. MSDSs, M1 10W-40 was said to contain Group III and I don't think it gave a percentage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back