Is Mecha Tool good oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Afternoon everyone.
I sell motor oil and my suppliers have started to deliver this mecha tool oil which is cheap and is selling like hot cake here in Venezuela, the problem is that I don't see the API certification on the bottle, what do you guys think?
[Linked Image from mandjsunshine.com]

[Linked Image from lubricantesenvenezuela.com]

Thank you!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by kschachn
https://engineoil.api.org/Directory/EolcsProductResults?accountId=-1&brandName=mecha tool

I'm surprised a US company like this is selling like hotcakes there.

Yes, since our oil industry is nearly bankrupt, we depend on imported lubricants, the market is pretty much dominated by Wolf's Head, Super S and now Mecha tool, and before that TekStar. We see some conventional Chevron Supreme, but someone told me to beware the supreme line since it was discontinued in the US and it might be an imitation, good oil anyways, no customer complaints.

Last edited:
https://engineoil.api.org/Directory/EolcsProductResults?accountId=-1&brandName=mecha tool
considering the US export sanctions. Isn't there a local brand or anything less expensive from an entity more friendly to Venezuela?

The shipping containers have to go to Panama first from Miami and then to Venezuela due to sanctions, it is a huge logistical headache but many companies do it, it has made the price of the cubic foot more expensive but our government eliminated all tariffs to facilitate imports so that's a plus.

Last edited:
"I sell motor oil and my suppliers have started to deliver this mecha tool oil which is cheap and is selling like hot cake here in Venezuela, the problem is that I don't see the API certification on the bottle, what do you guys think?"

You sell motor oil and you say its selling like hot cake.. so from a business standpoint its a no brainer..

May as well sell alcohol and cigarettes while you are at it.

Truth is that you have no idea if its good or bad oil..nobody does.

Originally Posted by WAKANDAN

I'm surprised a US company like this is selling like hotcakes there.

Yes, since our oil industry is nearly bankrupt, we depend on imported lubricants, the market is pretty much dominated by Wolf's Head, Super S and now Mecha tool, and before that TekStar. We see some conventional Chevron Supreme, but someone told me to beware the supreme line since it was discontinued in the US and it might be an imitation, good oil anyways, no customer complaints.

I have heard rumors that the Supreme line is being disco'd but it's still very much available. Additionally, Chevron on it's website that Supreme will be ILSAC GF-6, so that doesn't exactly sound like it's going away.. not at least anytime soon.👇
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by krismoriah72
Truth is that you have no idea if its good or bad oil..nobody does.

What are you talking about? You and everyone else most certainly do have an idea per the link I posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back