Is it true AZ wont carry GC anymore.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard rumors that some AutoZones won't be carrying it anymore... But AutoZones in my area: I've talked to both managers and they said they'd have it forever because it is their #1 selling oil. Out of 8 local AutoZones - all the GC Gold is being bought out every week.

quote:

Originally posted by OriginHacker21:
.. But AutoZones in my area: I've talked to both managers and they said they'd have it forever because it is their #1 selling oil. Out of 8 local AutoZones - all the GC Gold is being bought out every week.

GC Gold is the only one perpetually low in stock only one bottle in my local store, but plenty in TX, got 2 cases within a day, could have gotten 12 cases.

. . .or how 'bout this? That's my hand, crushing the innards of a Fram filter using about as much effort as one might apply to cave in an empty soda can. Note also that the "free floating" center tube also folded in, giving little in the way of resistance. Yech. You simply can not do this to the insides of a Champion Labs (M1, STP, Bosch Prem, VC, and a couple other brands) filter.

See for yourself. . .

Steering this slightly back toward the topic (
wink.gif
), none of my precious green will ever flow through a Fram, thanks very much.

I saved your pic man...that is good to have...what a POJunk ( Take that Mr. Profanity Filter)! Down here in HillBilly country...you can get hung for running GC through a Fram....serious business...bury a fella up too his neck in a giant fireant bed and ram last years birthday cake up his nose....

I bought the first 06 batch of GC yesterday ! Gotta look out for the OLD stock of AC thats been slipped into the 0-30 slot on the shelf. Of course us BITOG guys can't be fooled by that trick.

Feel free to print that picture and take a copy to the brainiac manager at the local AZ. In fact I suggest you save and print him this picture too:
 -

As you can see, the robust innards of a Mobil-1 are much better made than those of a Flim-Fram. You can't see it too well, but those M-1 pleats are deeply embedded in a hard cement that bonds them tightly to the metal end caps. You can not damage these internals unless you use sturdy tools.

A superb oil like GC deserves superb filtering. . .

quote:

Originally posted by OriginHacker21:
Lucky guys with the tin can oil filters. Those of us with the 2.2L Ecotecs got the lovely Cartridge filters, hard to find & usually cost more
tongue.gif

True enough, but you don't need a pipe cutter to examine your filter elements either.

Yep, Auto-Union. If you go to the AutoZones nearby my house - they have more GC Gold than any other oil on their shelves and *all* of it sells a few days after the shipment arrives. (According to AZ Manager)

Would be nice to meet another GC buyer but whenever I go I'm the only one in the store
grin.gif

The moron manager we have at our AZ here in my lil ol bitty town sez 0-30 is only for northern climates only.....of course this is the same idiot that told a customer in front of me that fram is the best filter in the world...I challenged him on "best" or did he mean to say number 1 seller....he said whatever sells the most must be the best....of course my big mouth...I replied...so I guess Pennzoil 5-30 dino is the best oil then according to you....he needs a sign
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by greekgator:
i heard this from a few people on Ls1tech. i was wondering if i need to clean out all the AZ's near me of the gold b/c i already got all the green.

shocked.gif

W-T-F!!! Is the world coming to an end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back