Is it the oil or is it the car?

I bought a used 2018 Jaguar XF 2.0 (25t) 32K miles on it at a VROOM dealership here in Houston, Tx. Everything in the car is in immaculate condition. I checked the oil before I drove it out of the dealer & the oil was newly changed. My question is after 300+ miles of driving this car the oil still looks new. I wonder what oil did they used or is it the car?

Like mentioned above - 300 miles isn't enough to darken the oil in a healthy and well maintained engine, especially with only 32k miles. A diesel will darken the oil within first 5 minutes of operation, or less.
This is anecdotal, and shouldn't apply in your situation but... When I used conventional oil in higher mileage engines, the oil stayed clean for a while. When same engines got synthetic - oil got dark within a couple hundred miles. Usually that is due to the synthetics being much better than conventional oils at cleaning the engines. But as many (I'm sure) will mention - oil condition cannot be determined by color.

I bought a used 2018 Jaguar XF 2.0 (25t) 32K miles on it at a VROOM dealership here in Houston, Tx. Everything in the car is in immaculate condition. I checked the oil before I drove it out of the dealer & the oil was newly changed. My question is after 300+ miles of driving this car the oil still looks new. I wonder what oil did they used or is it the car?

Hi Escape08

I have the same engine in my car. When I sent mine for it's service at 12k miles the oil was still golden, just slightly darker than it was at the start. These engines run really rather clean by the looks of it! :)

Hi Escape08

I have the same engine in my car. When I sent mine for it's service at 12k miles the oil was still golden, just slightly darker than it was at the start. These engines run really rather clean by the looks of it! :)
Now that is quite impressive. The only engines that I've seen do that ran on LPG. Very impressive for a gasoline.

I’ve got no feedback on the topic at hand other than 300 miles is too little to make any kind of determination.

That said, nice car! A drop top F Type is on my short list for a summer car.

Unless it's a diesel I would hope the oil looks new after 300 miles of driving. Enjoy the car!

Back