Is it ok to use mopar coolant in my mazda?

I have some 5 year 150,000 mile mopar coolant left over. I believe it is a hoat coolant. Is coolant really all that much different I couldn't use It? I'm not just adding coolant. I am doing a flush.

Mazda is generally a P-HOAT, is the Mopar GO-5 (red), or is it the funky Fiat purple color (which is more like Dexcool)? I'm not sure I would risk either of the Mopar coolants in a Mazda FL-22 application, Zerex Asian Vehicle and others have really come down in price.

Mazda is generally a P-HOAT, is the Mopar GO-5 (red), or is it the funky Fiat purple color (which is more like Dexcool)? I'm not sure I would risk either of the Mopar coolants in a Mazda FL-22 application, Zerex Asian Vehicle and others have really come down in price.

It is a bright pink.

Reads like leftover is Mopar G-05, low silicate OAT (Hoat). With a complete flush, it should be ok in the Mazda. The Mazda specs Phoat, phosphated OAT. Knowing that, if comfortable using up G-05 over staying with spec, your ride, your call.

What's the real difference between the 2?

The difference is Mopar uses silicates, Mazda uses Phosphate (no silicates). Asian vehicle manufacturers prefer a no silicate formula AF, using phosphate instead.

I've used Zerex G-05 (aka Chrysler HOAT) in a Mazda3 that came from the factory with the dark green P-OAT with no issues. I wouldn't worry about mixing a coolant that has silicates with one that has phosphate as the newest generation of euro coolants like VW G12 Evo do exactly that.

Back