Is it necessary for Second Auto-RX treatment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i just got done changing out the first treatment.

the oil was as dark as it usually is, well maybe slightly darker.

I pulled the oil filter and cut it open and compared it to the previous filter that i took off 1500 miles ago.

I couldn't distinguish any differences between them, neither one looked dirtier then the other.
So i thought maybe the engine wasn't very dirty to begin with.
at 136,000 miles with these results, is it necessary to run the second treatment of Auto-Rx after the rinse phase?

I'm thinking to just run the rinse phase and go back to regular OCI's and save my other bottle for my car when i pull it out of storage.

anyone else have similar thoughts after the first result?

You haven't finished the first treatment.

Once the rinse is complete, you have.

Wait until after the rinse, and a complete treatment, to draw any conclusions.

The rinse is often when results are seen.

For your mileage, two complete treatments are recommended.

Don't quit after the first wash and rinse cycles. Go to www.rms13.com instead -- for the answers to your question. In short, stay the course . . . finish the whole program.

DeepSquat was the one who originally posted this rms13 link. I just read his message tonight and spent quite a bit of time myself perusing the materials presented on this website.

Look at the before and after photos. Read all of the text from "Updates" and "Engine Stats". You'll find out that the second wash and rinse phases are absolutely necessary to obtain the kind of successful results you've read about on BITOG.

Take the time to go through the materials on the rms13 website. You'll be amazed and will appreciate the info.

Bob A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back