Is it Just me or Where did all the Samples go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I first came to this site I could have swore there was a couple pages of virgin oil results. Now I can't even find one for Mobil 1 5w30. I can't belive nobody has posted these results yet given it's popularity.

Bob posted one for 10w30 but there has been no SuperSyn 5w30 virgin analysis posted. The makeup of the additives in 5w30 and 10w30 should be the same though, so their VOAs would show virtually identical.

I agree that the makeup is the same since I thought I compared it here! I was just using that as an example. No Amsoil ASL tests either in either 5w30 or 10w30? I'm just checking my sanity.
gr_eek2.gif

Giles, any chance you're only looking at the past 30-45 days? I didn't dig far but searching turned up a several Ams & m1 hits.

David

I'm searching all dates on the Virgin Oil Analysis and get no hits for Mobil 1 5w30 or Amsoil 5w30. Only the one M1 SuperSyn 10w30 SuperSyn Bob posted as part of many others in a single thread.

Jason, If all I wanted was the Mobil 5w30 specs I wouldn't have brought up the issue. Did you also see that I can't find Amsoil? I'm just checking to see if there really are missing threads or if they were never there in the first place. Do you happen to know if specs for Amsoil 5w30 or M1 5w30 were ever posted in the first place?

There is currently only one page with 28 Threads total in this forum. Is that what everyone else sees?

[ January 08, 2003, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: Giles ]

I put in "amsoil" and got 19 matches and then "mobil" and got 63 matches.

If there were posted, should still be there. No reason for them to dis appear.

Thanks Bob, I did the same searches and got the same number of matches. So I guess all is well on this end and I might be going crazy
smile.gif

[ January 08, 2003, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: Giles ]

quote:

Originally posted by Giles:
Thanks Bob, I did the same searches and got the same number of matches. So I guess I'm not really going crazy
smile.gif

There never has been many,most recently a few more has shown up. A few are in used oil analysis threads for reference

Yep, you're right. I see a 0W40 and 10W30. (Buried here: the thread Courtesy of VaderSS) No 5W30 that I could find, though some grizwald probably posted with "mobilE" or used a hyphen in 5W-30.
smile.gif
We could definitely benefit from standardized posting syntax so this forum doesn't become a useless morass of stealth data.

quote:

Originally posted by dragboat:

quote:

Originally posted by Giles:
Thanks Bob, I did the same searches and got the same number of matches. So I guess I'm not really going crazy
smile.gif

There never has been many,most recently a few more has shown up. A few are in used oil analysis threads for reference

Looks like you caught me before I edited
smile.gif
I bet I have seen them in the used analysis and thought I saw them here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back