Is it just me? 94 degrees, 36% humidity. Really don't need the AC...

Thought it was supposed to be hot today, was fooling with the AC. Summer is here, let's dial in those pressures if they changed at all since last used, if they did. Seems I have a probable overcharge condition.. maybe. But that is not the point of this thread.

The point is.. either, weird weather, or is it just me. It is SUPPOSEDLY 94 degrees right now. IDK WHY but it feels more like 75-80 with a hot wind. Feels real nice.

This is the kind of day you do not need AC at all. Which is what I think, when I see most cars driving with the windows up.

Again, it doesn't feel warmer than about 80...

Ok, so, some questions:

1. Is 36% low humidity?
2. Does Nevada desert, West Texas etc really have "no humidity" or "very low humidity" ?
3. Would this be the weather most at risk for Heat Stroke without hydration, because you cant feel it like Florida?
4. Could the weather beacon just be a part of town reading 94 but it's actually cooler?
5. Car temp indicator alternated between 97 and 98 when forecast said 94 and 92 to 90 when it said 91.. would we consider this accurate, with all that road heat?

Okay, just some questions about weather!!

Yes, 36% RH is relatively low when the temperature is 94F. Air at 94F can hold a lot of more moisture than it is when RH is only 36% (aka "dry heat"). If the RH was 90% you'd probably be sweating like crazy.

When travelling, I found I could enjoy a mountain bike ride in that kind of weather as long as I brought lots of water. In Ontario 94F is almost always accompanied with 80-90% humidity and that's no fun for anything outside but swimming!

Thought it was supposed to be hot today, was fooling with the AC. Summer is here, let's dial in those pressures if they changed at all since last used, if they did. Seems I have a probable overcharge condition.. maybe. But that is not the point of this thread.

The point is.. either, weird weather, or is it just me. It is SUPPOSEDLY 94 degrees right now. IDK WHY but it feels more like 75-80 with a hot wind. Feels real nice.

This is the kind of day you do not need AC at all. Which is what I think, when I see most cars driving with the windows up.

Ok, so, some questions:

1. Is 36% low humidity?
2. Does Nevada desert, West Texas etc really have "no humidity" or "very low humidity" ?
3. Would this be the weather most at risk for Heat Stroke without hydration, because you cant feel it like Florida?
4. Could the weather beacon just be a part of town reading 94 but it's actually cooler?
5. Car temp indicator alternated between 97 and 98 when forecast said 94 and 92 to 90 when it said 91.. would we consider this accurate, with all that road heat?

"Yeah, man, but it's a dry heat" Bill Paxton in Aliens. The lower the humidity: the lower the apparent temp.

Ok, so, some questions:

1. Is 36% low humidity?

Wait til it hit 95-100 with 50-60% humidity. It’s definitely 91 here in PA today. Consider yourself lucky

I picked the WRONG day to be fine tuning my high side and low side.
The factory service manual should have discharge and suction pressure charts as a function of ambient temperature. RH doesn't effect the charge pressures as much as the ambient temperature.

I personally don't like air conditioning in the vehicle and at home. I much prefer to have a fan running if I have to be inside the house and windows down in the vehicle 😎

On question #2.
I lived in El Paso which is in West Texas almost Mexico and New Mexico.
We used evaporative/swamp cooler in the house to raise humidity and cool down.
Laundry will dry in less than 30 minutes hang outside, we never use dryer.

Due to dust, I used the AC for car.

Back