is GC in Mustang 5.0 ok during the summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a 1995 Mustang 5.0 that has roughly 130,000 miles that have come from Durablend 10w-30 and synpower 10w-30 (3,500 OCI). I've been intrigued by you gentleman about the Green stuff so I picked up about 11 quarts of "Made in Germany" 02 and 04 stuff. Would there be any problem switching over to GC after running Valvoline so long? The car uses about 1/2 quart every 3,000 miles and always has.

Also, this stuff is a little hard to find in Southern Illinois so I might have to switch back to synpower at sometime in the future. Would this pose a problem as well?

Use the Green stuff and don't look back until it's gone. If for some reason your GC supply does dry up, as mine did, you will have no problem switching back to the Valvoline.

I would try to push the GC up to 5k miles before an oil change. It should make it this far without a problem unless you are extremely hard on it.

I'm running it year round in my 106k mile '95 Mustang 5.0. I am taking the current batch to 7000 miles, and I am planning a UOA. I will post the results in the UOA forum.... give me a few months.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back