Is fuel injection hose exterior rated for gasoline?

Replacing a fuel pump which has two foot long pieces of hose that are submerged in gas. Are both the inside and outside of fuel injection hose rated for immersion in gasoline?

Why not just buy the correct hose designed for immersion in gasoline. While it may work who wants to do the job twice? Its not very expensive and you can order it on Amazon. Checked the Gates website the fuel hose you have is not designed for immersion in fuel only the inner layer it designed for fuel.

from their own website I'd say its not suitable
The 4219BF Barricade® Fuel Injection Hose is a low-permeation hose offering broad fuel compatibility including gasoline, ethanol blends, 100% methanol (no blends), diesel, biodiesel (including all blends of SME, RME or PME). It utilizes patented GreenShield® Barrier Technology to provide enhanced environmental protection and better fuel efficiency. It is compatible with any fuel injected application - cars, light trucks, UTVs, and small engines (1985 and newer) - where a barrier fuel hose is required. Not for in-tank or gaseous fuels.

buy the submersible type

Why does he want to use that? He's cheap, already had the other stuff, and the correct hose costs $15/foot

$16 a foot and I need two. Compared to $2 a foot FI hose, its VERY expensive. Just the pump was $18 so what a shock. Any other brand that makes it?
Theres a reason its more epensive. Its your car, dont do it right and hope the fuel hose doesnt deteriorate and leave you stranded. So yousave $30 bucks using the wrong hose, have to pay a 100 dollar tow and then drop the tank and use the right hose the second time. Penny wise pound foolish. So to save $30 you're willing to risk being stranded and do the entire job again. That's forward thinking

Theres a reason its more epensive. Its your car, dont do it right and hope the fuel hose doesnt deteriorate and leave you stranded. So yousave $30 bucks using the wrong hose, have to pay a 100 dollar tow and then drop the tank and use the right hose the second time. Penny wise pound foolish. So to save $30 you're willing to risk being stranded and do the entire job again. That's forward thinking
He's a car flipper.. could likely use the wrong hose.. it would work for a year.. and it wouldnt be his problem.. but thats shady and I wouldnt do it.

Improper repair will make you liable if anybody is killed or injured especially since he posted it on a public forum. Especialy now that he was warned about the cosequences and knowingly uses an improper part.

Improper repair will make you liable if anybody is killed or injured especially since he posted it on a public forum. Especialy now that he was warned about the cosequences and knowingly uses an improper part.
Laughable. It's in the tank. If he uses the wrong hose, his engine stops.

While I do agree on getting the proper hose I do think other options should be explored instead of just jumping to one correct product when there could be many correct products

HAHA., I'd like to know where you got your law degree. I could just as well reuse the hose that's already there. Would I be liable then, Mr, Perry Mason?
While I do agree on getting the proper hose I do think other options should be explored instead of just jumping to one correct product when there could be many correct products
Did find this at a reasonable price. https://www.racetronix.biz/c/fuel-pump-installation-parts/fuel-feed-tubes-plastic/c649

Back