Is Elf Excellium LDX 5W-40 fully synthetic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was driving home from work yesterday when I noticed a ELF dealer sticker on a lawn / tractor supply store. I walk in and sure enough, the guy has his litttle stand of Elf oils including the Excellium LDX 5W-40. I was wondering if someone could tell me if this oil is 100% Fully Synthetic? I tried searching and could not find anything verifying that it was a full synthetic. The bottle says "synthetic technology" and I know that in Europe, oil manufac. must state on the bottle FULL SYNTHETIC if their product is full synthetic. Now, if the oil is a Group III with a heck of a mix, than it is not worth the money. But, if it is a Group IV and V, than maybe...

Brian

Brian,

I would email elfperformance and get a door to door price. Not many are aware of the Bitog Special he has for us:

ELF Oil

smile.gif

It's not the kind of blend that you are thinking of. It is a group 3/4 with a little group 5 possibly blended in. It is NOT a group 2/3.

Right - I did not mean to give the wrong impression - it is an excellent oil, just not a 100% Synthetic PAO like the 0W30 - thanks for the clarification & yes we do offer significant discounts & free shipping to BITOG members.

quote:

we do offer significant discounts & free shipping to BITOG members.

elfperformance,

I've got a 6+ year stash of GC Green at the moment. But for the benefit of other BITOGers, how do you take advantage of this?

Just email or call me, inform me of your BITOG status and we'll discuss what ELF products you want & I'll respond with a quote. Our contact information & link is on the BITOG sponsor list. Or you can send a private message through the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back