Is castrol doing away with GC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember reading somewhere that castrol was doing away with gc and were only going to produce the made in usa stuff. I was at my local autozone earlier picking up a few things and I took a glance at the oils and noticed there was no more gc. I asked the guys up front if they had any gc and they said they only had the usa stuff. They have always had the gc up until now. Is it true that they are doing away with the gc?

quote:

Originally posted by NYC32798:
I remember reading somewhere that castrol was doing away with gc and were only going to produce the made in usa stuff. I was at my local autozone earlier picking up a few things and I took a glance at the oils and noticed there was no more gc. I asked the guys up front if they had any gc and they said they only had the usa stuff. They have always had the gc up until now. Is it true that they are doing away with the gc?

You sometimes have to get to your local Auto Zone within a couple of days of when they get their oil shipment in. Otherewise, they may sell-out of the German stuff in a few days.

It would not surprise me to see Castrol Inc produce that oil here -- as the popularity of it grows. Just a matter of time.

[/qb][/QUOTE]You sometimes have to get to your local Auto Zone within a couple of days of when they get their oil shipment in. Otherewise, they may sell-out of the German stuff in a few days.

It would not surprise me to see Castrol Inc produce that oil here -- as the popularity of it grows. Just a matter of time. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Are you serious? There are two Auto Zone locations within three miles of my South Jersey home that still have green GC on the shelf.

SJUMBA - Haddonfield!!! Hello from a new Collingswood resident!

Considering that vstrl lists their european formula 0w-30 on their spec sheets, and seem to be releasing new bottles and more oil, I wouldnt worry about it. I havent seen any recent made in USA stuff anyway. So long as castrol keeps making a european formula relatively heavy 0w-30, chances are it doesnt much mattter where it is made - it will be similar in performance. Maybe not green, but new and better adds and whatnot are being utilized every day.

JMH

Well I went back to autozone today to pick up a pcv valve I forgot to pick up yesterday. I also decided to pick up some oil since my car is almost due for a change. When I pulled the bottle of that usa 0w-30 castrol off the shelf, a whole crap load of gc came flying to the front of the shelf. I picked up the 10 quarts they had left. I confronted the guy at the counter I spoke to yesterday that told me they didn't have anymore gc. He told me he thought they were out of it and from now on they will only carry the usa stuff and he brought me into the back to show me all the cases of 0w-30 syntec they had and guess what. They were all gc. So he was and idiot and just didn't know what the **** he was talking about.

Yeah, I wish we would quit chasing these Hasen (rabbits)...this is at least the third time...

I'd like to propose that NO ONE make a claim regarding a NEW American blended version of GC until they can post the pix to prove it...this is just so much wasted board space

[[qb]
quote:

Originally posted by SJUMBA:
[qb]
Are you serious? There are two Auto Zone locations within three miles of my South Jersey home that still have green GC on the shelf.
I think your Auto Zone is (1) of a 1000 that still has a shelf-full of green. I had no idea South Jersey City was inside of Siberia.
burnout.gif
burnout.gif
burnout.gif

My experience is that there is still green GC to be had in the inner city and rural, small town AZs. There is plenty of "European Formula" gold GC in all the AZs I have visited. And for those who are interested, there is still "made in the USA" yellow-label 0W-30 available at some of these locations as well. I even found some red-label made in the USA 0W-30 -- that has to be a rare batch. Anything you want, just look for it. they don't even charge extra for the dust.
Terry

They're now noting "European Formular" on their bottles.

There must be a "good" reason for that.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back