Is BC Castrol, CastrolTXT and is this a group III oil?

There is a french version of a castrol technical data sheet. Does it say somewhere it is "severly-hydrotreated hydrocarbon". Is there an english version?

V8Blitz. I truly believe this is the same Castrol TXT Softec oil sold in Europe and other parts of the world. The France and Belgium sites do not appear to state this oil is a Hydro treated Grp. III oil. At the South African site, which is in english, lists this TXT Softec as a synthetic. I'm using this oil in my BMW. It meets the specs. of my engine and other Euro cars. [Cheers!]

V8Blitz

What would indicate to you it is in fact TXT? Does the Castrol meet the 505.1 spec? Is that the spec for the RS6? I forget. If it is TXT then why doesn't the BC meet that, not that I'm sure that it doesn't.

V8Blitz

quote:
Originally posted by V8Blitz: Cheers back at ya, bud [Cheers!] What would indicate to you it is in fact TXT? Does the Castrol meet the 505.1 spec? Is that the spec for the RS6? I forget. If it is TXT then why doesn't the BC meet that, not that I'm sure that it doesn't.

V8Blitz. Sorry for the late reply. I was busy all weekend. Anyway, Castrol does make the Softec TXT 5w40 which meets the VW 505.01 spec. This is sold separate from the Softec TXT 5w40 which is in fact the same oil they export to North America as Syntec 5w40. All the specs are the same , which are: VW 502.00 505.00 ; MB 229.3/229.1 and BMW LL-98. They may ship the VW 505.01 Softec TXT oil to VW dealerships only. I don't think they will produce a totaly differant oil for our market. Check out the South African site for english. At the french and Belgium sites, it all points to a synthetic oil. [Cheers!]

V8Blitz

quote:
Originally posted by 2KBMW: V8Blitz. Sorry for the late reply. I was busy all weekend. Anyway, Castrol does make the Softec TXT 5w40 which meets the VW 505.01 spec. This is sold separate from the Softec TXT 5w40 which is in fact the same oil they export to North America as Syntec 5w40. All the specs are the same , which are: VW 502.00 505.00 ; MB 229.3/229.1 and BMW LL-98. They may ship the VW 505.01 Softec TXT oil to VW dealerships only. I don't think they will produce a totaly differant oil for our market. Check out the South African site for english. At the french and Belgium sites, it all points to a synthetic oil. [Cheers!]
Thanks. It does make sense for marketing reasons; why sell a $4-5 dollar oil at Autozone and then have the dealer charge $15/litre.