Is anyone using Valvoline syn 10W-30 racing oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard some good things about it and thinking about using it when I take my Audi to the track.

How does it compare to redline 10W-30?

Does it really lower oil temps?

How long OCI can you run with this oil?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: zoomzoom
I heard some good things about it and thinking about using it when I take my Audi to the track.

How does it compare to redline 10W-30?

Does it really lower oil temps?

How long OCI can you run with this oil?

For your Audi...simply GC.
thumbsup2.gif
It`s all you need baby!!
grin2.gif
or should I say,all she needs.
10.gif

Last edited:
I know but it is dino, and my oil temps at the track hit 275-280F so I don't think dino oil will do in this aplication

It's not dino, according to the name. I think it would be a great oil for your Audi during racing if mixed with the 20W-50 version to get a higher viscosity. Drain it after the race into a clean container and save for the next time you race. That's a hassle though.

My BOSCH Mechanic uses VR-1 20w-50 in his S6 running 26lbs of boost. Still on the original KKK turbo.

OK, since some of you guys can't read, I'll spell this out for you:

Valvoline makes 3 different racing oils.

1) VR-1, a conventional oil that is basically like any other passenger car oil in that it has an additive package based on calcium for detergent capabilities, as well as much higher levels of zinc and phosphorous to protect high revving solid lifter valvetrains.

2) Not street legal conventional racing oil - no detergents; meant to be changed very often in professional racing environments like drag racing using methanol.

3) Not street legal synthetic oil - no detergents; meant to be changed very often in professional racing environments like drag racing using methanol.

Wheeeeeeeeeeew, I hope that gets it!

So zoomzoom, it would be advisable NOT to use Valvoline's synthetic racing oil as it has a pure racing type additive package that has no detergents.

For your application, any quality synthetic would work fine. Is it synthetic or higher ZDDP, or both, that you're after?

well I came across this tread where they tested various oils and Valvoline racing syn oil showed very well beating other big oil companies
good read with some interesting test results:
http://www.google.com/patents?id=WDGzAAA...mmary_r&cad=0_0

Their Valvoline racing 5w-30 had exceptionally low coefficient of friction and very low wear.

I am after these two qualities since they will reduce oil temps on the track and prevent wear

Originally Posted By: tenderloin
AutoZone has $1.00 off Valvoline Racing Synthetic and Conventional Oil starting tommorow.

wow they sell Valvoline syn racing oil for 6.99 that is pretty good price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back