Is anyone here an addiction therapist? I need help.

Because I am about broke. I think this stuff cost more than my last two Volvos. Fed Ex came and filled the 1945 hole, which slotted nicely between 1944 and 1946. I actually never thought I really cared for .mil 1911s before, I mostly liked later pre-70 GMs and 70 Series. Oh yeah, and I ordered another Springfield SA-35 from Primary Arms on Friday. I need help.

Plus the CMP is taking my money:

https://www.1911forum.com/threads/the-cmp-sucks-and-i-have-proof.1047753/#post-13627785

IMG-4196.jpg

1944, 1945, 1946
IMG-4197.jpg

That's not an addiction - that's a hobby!!
I can't afford it! I might just start doing drugs, it's probably cheaper. But it's fun!

Becase this is my step-son firing a 1911 for the first time, the '46 Sistema above (last summer). That's fun.
IMG-3965.jpg

IMG-3972.jpg

Need to swap in the 45 dies on the Dillon! He was disappointed here.

IMG-3976.jpg

Nice pieces. I am not an addiction expert though I play one on TV. In any case it all comes down to the dopamine levels released in your brain when buying stuff, not dissimilar to an opioid addiction. Gambling, alcohol, and even people addicted to going to the mall and buying merchandise all follow the same pattern..

Nice pieces. I am not an addiction expert though I play one on TV. In any case it all comes down to the dopamine levels released in your brain when buying stuff, not dissimilar to an opioid addiction. Gambling, alcohol, and even people addicted to going to the mall and buying merchandise all follow the same pattern..
Yep, familiar with that. Funnily, it's not the buying to me, but the hunt. That's what's fun to me. I love trolling Gun Broker or forum ads to find a special item and great deal or bundle.. By the time I buy it, I'm done and the rush is over, and even less response when it shows up. This '45 was an exception as it was indeed nicer than I thought and expected. I actually have had addiction medicine training in medical school as well as a special intensive summer clinic I did in it at the U. of Utah. ;) You would think I would understand... ( I dont' work as a doctor though so that's why I'm poor!). BTW, I like your avatar. That looks like an M-60A2? My avatar on another forum is a Soviet BMP-2 on it's side and spray-painted "Wolverines!" ;)

I bought a 1980 complete Colt Government Model parts kit less frame. I'm going to now track down a stainless frame of Colt or Caspian and make a Combat Elite copy. I posted that here, it will be a December or January wet season project:

https://www.1911forum.com/threads/i...ch-me-you-cant-stop-me.1047700/#post-13627006

I also just got a (very good deal) Fulton armory HBAR barrel to make a High Power rifle to shoot some CMP matches next summer. that will also be a winter project.

Is it a Remington or Colt? Is it an Armory rebuild?
I have a '45 Remington. Got it from my daughter's former boyfriend. He bought it from a WWII vet who owned. I have shot it a few times, but no more. Remington had better heat treating than Colt. So its unlikely the frame will develop a crack at the slide lock.

Because I am about broke. I think this stuff cost more than my last two Volvos. Fed Ex came and filled the 1945 hole, which slotted nicely between 1944 and 1946. I actually never thought I really cared for .mil 1911s before, I mostly liked later pre-70 GMs and 70 Series. Oh yeah, and I ordered another Springfield SA-35 from Primary Arms on Friday. I need help.

https://www.1911forum.com/threads/the-cmp-sucks-and-i-have-proof.1047753/#post-13627785

View attachment 119683

1944, 1945, 1946
View attachment 119684
You think you need help? My whole family thinks I'm BEYOND help! They just don't understand.................
Very nice collection. 🇺🇸

Geez, I guess I am in OD mode. I have about nine different types of those things. Just got a new Taurus GX4.

I have multiple 1911's and I swear, I swear!! My last one!! I'm due my latest (Alchemy Prime Elite hard chrome) later this month. It's been 9 months. This will be my first ever 9mm 1911. I never appreciated Colt's but I got into them later in life. My favorite is an Alchemy Prime Elite blued 45ACP but I am a big Springfield TRP fan (45 and 10mm). Those are all full size. I love S&W PC commander I have and the S&W commander SC I own. Couple Kimber Raptor II's and you get the picture.

One to check out is the Cabot Gran Torino. Perfect for BITOG But I swear I'm done!!

https://cabotguns.com/product/the-gran-tornio-ss/

I mean this frankly now....I am selling an unfired Sig P220 SS I've had for about 15 years and picking up a Shadow Systems and this actually might be my last handgun purchase. Now I just want to load for them on my press and shoot the heck out of em for the next 20 years while my eyes are good. What could get me off the wagon:

Glock 40 cal version of MODEL 45.
Glock 21 Gen 5
Sig P210 Target

Browning Maxus II Ultimate (Caus I need another shotty :rolleyes: )

That's it! I swear!!!!! :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 119683

1944, 1945, 1946
View attachment 119684
It's nothing more nothing less than a tool. Thanks for sharing 🙂!

Is it a Remington or Colt? Is it an Armory rebuild?
I have a '45 Remington. Got it from my daughter's former boyfriend. He bought it from a WWII vet who owned. I have shot it a few times, but no more. Remington had better heat treating than Colt. So its unlikely the frame will develop a crack at the slide lock.

The top two are both Remington Rands, all correct/original. The third one is a licensed Colt for the Argentine Army (aka 'Sistema'). It's original except the grips but Parkerized instead of the original bluing. the top and bottom ones, I have stripped and then baked oil into the Parkerizing for protection; I haven't done the '45 (middle) one yet, so it will be darker and more handsome in a week or so when I get it stripped, cleaned, lubed and heated.

The '44 has a good/bad story. The guy I bought it from had gotten it from his buddy in graduate school. The buddy was an ex-Green Beret officer and out of the Army, and back from Nam and going to grad school at U of Alaska. He died in a car wreck while in school in '68. His family gave it to the guy I bought it from two years ago, so he had it from 1968 to 2020. I don't know if it was in the war, it might have just been a DCM gun. Shame about the Green Beret. He got through Vietnam and then dies in a car crash his first year home.

I've had a lot of 1911s over the years, from a stock Norinco to a full custom from Wayne Novak. I've built a few myself from Caspian parts and was tutored a bit from two really good gunsmiths. I may build a MEU(SOC) clone this winter or more likely next year.

I like to think of firearms as an investment. They're not about to go down in price. :)

#1 & 3 posts tell the story. As trained doc, U know the symptoms. Only U can state "I'm in trouble." (health: finances, spiritual, fam/friends, emot/mental, physical, etc) but U no this. Treatment? entirely different and U may not know.

For me? its:
1) untie the endorphins from 45 mm
2) live w/it but place reasonable limits (time, resources)
/or/
3) find other ways of firing off the chems. I'm betting our NH friend above does it (did?) w/ice climbing.

PMs for details, even better? e-mails at

[email protected]

:^ )

Back