Is An Engine Cover (VW Tsi) Beneficial?

I am talking about running hard and immediately shutting it down.
It's like parking over a bar B que pit. So just forget about it bc the car makers supposedly take that in to account?
C'mon man! You have to do some thinking for yourself sometimes using your aggregate knowledge.
My work location was 1 mile off the Interstate. No cool down time.
So keep replacing those coilpacks and crank sensors and egr motors and stuff that expire early - just because ....
1 mile after interstate is fine to cool off things. What is your oil temperature temperature? 230-240 or 300? On top of that I bet you that Nissan has auxiliary electric water pump to cool off things if needed after turning off engine.
If that was the case I would have to open the hood every time I go to pick up kids in daycare and school or go to work. At this altitude it is much harder to cool off engine and yet, coil pack don’t melt or egr or whatever.

I always assumed it was for noise as well as letting the operator easily identify the essentials. Oil, PSF, coolant etc.

Sorry man, you're not selling me on the first gen Rogue as a good car.

It just wasn't.
Other than a somewhat cramped rear seat and not very good fuel mileage in which ways was it not a good car?

Last edited:
1 mile after interstate is fine to cool off things. What is your oil temperature temperature? 230-240 or 300? On top of that I bet you that Nissan has auxiliary electric water pump to cool off things if needed after turning off engine.
If that was the case I would have to open the hood every time I go to pick up kids in daycare and school or go to work. At this altitude it is much harder to cool off engine and yet, coil pack don’t melt or egr or whatever.
I am certain my oil temp was below 230. But no info available on the DIC. Not worried about the engine internally - Its WC.
I am talking about the cat glowing red under the hood. Why trap that heat if you don't have to?
I did this in special circumstances- its not an everyday occurrence.

Other than a somewhat cramped rear seat and not very good fuel mileage in which ways was it not a good car?

All wrapped up in a body that looked like a suppository.

I'm a fanboi, sure. I was a fanboi of Nissan before they decided to french everything up and make terrible cars for two decades straight.

The engine was anemic. The transmission was terrible. The interior was a janky rattle box. The buttons and radio were straight from AliExpress.

All wrapped up in a body that looked like a suppository.

I'm a fanboi, sure. I was a fanboi of Nissan before they decided to french everything up and make terrible cars for two decades straight.
No, yes, no, don't recall, A cohesive, aerodynamic design.

I agree, the Renault influence cant be good.

Back