is ac delco is still a good filter for Auto-rx ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Donald
Even a Supertech is a good filter for Auto-Rx.

The Super Tech and the AC Delco are basically the same thing anymore. The AC Delco may get a slightly better media, but they're built the same.

Don't use either. Delco filters rocked when they made them. Now they are junk in my opinion. You may still find last years model with the metal center tube on the shelf though. (the good ones)

What part number of filter are you looking for? With the PF-52, you will occasionally find one that is a rebadged Wix. You can tell by the orange ADBV.

All of the PF1218's I've looked at recently were the Champion Labs filters that are pretty much identical to the Super Tech filters. I wouldn't have any problem using them, but you might be better served with a Wix.

Do they have a black nylon cage inside of them?

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak

Yes it does have the black nylon cage with soft rubber drain back valve, and here the low quality pix i took of the filter, its the new style ( POS ) or old style ? thanks

Imma return it, and get wix or napa gold, that make me feel better. thanks guy.

Originally Posted By: killagt
Imma return it, and get wix or napa gold, that make me feel better. thanks guy.

Good move the,, new delcos are [censored].grab a wix/ng.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
All of the PF1218's I've looked at recently were the Champion Labs filters that are pretty much identical to the Super Tech filters. I wouldn't have any problem using them, but you might be better served with a Wix.

Is this guess work, or does anybody have any real information on this. Even if the construction is the same, the older AC's used to have half again more media than the ST. Never seem to see any numbers on WIX. Nor have I seen any convincing evidence of problems with the Ecores.

Originally Posted By: killagt
do u have picture of what you talking about ?

New model PF53: Looks too restrictuve to me. Fabric end caps that almost touch the can where the oil is supposed to squeeze through.
Gotta keep up on changes. Brand name means nothing.
Currently I suggest Purolator Premium, Wix, Napa Gold.
Seems Delco is out of the filter biz. These are made be Champion Labs now. Champion makes some good filters. These ain't them, in my opinion. If you can find the old Delco built ones with the metal center tube, you may want to stock up, or just change to a better filter type.
Same goes for Super Tech. I have some great ones from two years ago. New ones are just like these New Delcos.

DSC01130.jpg

Originally Posted By: labman
Never seem to see any numbers on WIX.

On their website: They are less than 2 PSI pressure drop at 4 gallons per minute at temperature. Plus most of the filters listed there show beta ratios and micron ratings.

Are there any pics/stories about the e-core failing?
I dont have an issue with the e-core itself, I think their anti-drain-back valve is junk though.

I am just wondering about failures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back