Is a Firestick and Hulu the same?

I don't really know anything on these. All I want is to get Youtube on a tv that's like 12 ft. away form the router. The signal will be going through 1 wall, which is just drywall. Which of these is better suited, or is there a better option? It needs to be wireless. Thanks

hulu is a streaming service like netflix not a device.

firestick or roku would work fine.

I'd suggest the firestick UHD. $25 even if the tv isnt 4k it has faster processor and response.
Currently at target for same price

IF you want roku bestbuy has the 2021 streaming stick 4k for $30

Both are good choices without spending $50+

There are a couple other options if you want to spend more but not necessary
Firestick max for example.

I use the firestick uhd on my Tv's and just setup some roku 2021 sticks for my aunt because she wanted to stream spectrum cable with it.. which roku has an app for.

Last edited:
I don't really know anything on these. All I want is to get Youtube on a tv that's like 12 ft. away form the router. The signal will be going through 1 wall, which is just drywall. Which of these is better suited, or is there a better option? It needs to be wireless. Thanks
Do you have a smart TV?
If so it should have a browser to connect to the Internet to get YouTube.

I've been mostly pleased with my Firestick. Although I don't use it all that much, as I prefer the Xbox-One for the better direct audio output (I hook the Xbox directly to my stereo for surround).

I can't tell any difference in pic quality, or ease of use.

The one issue I've had with the Firestick is that very occasionally, I must unplug it and reboot it for my TV to recognize it. Google the problem and you will see that I am not alone. Other than that, seems to work quite well.

The one issue I've had with the Firestick is that very occasionally, I must unplug it and reboot it for my TV to recognize it. Google the problem and you will see that I am not alone. Other than that, seems to work quite well.

I finally had to replace my Firestick after 4 years. It wouldn't be recognized by the TV anymore despite me unplugging it every day, and I thought it was my 2008 Panasonic TV going bad........I tried different power sources, cords, etc.

Bought a new one for $40 and it's flawless. Hopefully it doesn't have to be unplugged for a long time.

Back