Is 0W-40 (Euro) M1 widely available @ Walmart?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How widely available is 0W-40 (Euro) M1 @ Walmart?

I seem to never be able to find it at any Walmart that I go to but then I see people posting on the net that they get it regularly at their local.

Just trying to find if it's a regional thing or marketing or what?

It's hit and miss, I just noticed my local wal-mart started stocking it..

Just check different wal-marts when you are near them..

Originally Posted By: Brenden
It's hit and miss, I just noticed my local wal-mart started stocking it..

Yeah, my local wal-mart started carrying it recently, too.

Some auto part stores sell it around here... O'Reilly, PepBoys, AutoZone, Advance Auto...

All in all, it's probably the most easily available Euro oil.

The Walmarts in northern Cincinnati have it, at the least the ones I visit.

Recently our local Meijers stores have it too, but the shelf is almost always empty. Either they dont stock a whole lot of it, or they get just as much as all the other M1 flavors but peope are snatching up the 0W-40 quicker.

Yeah when I swing by wally, sometimes the m1 0w40 is cleaned out, like all 20 quarts gone when they were there the day before, maybe there are some more BITOG people around me...

M1 0W-40 isn't an issue finding.I can get it at Walmart, Canadian Tire and NAPA, and maybe more but I general stick to those three for my oil buying.

Finding Pennzoil Ultra 5W40 Euro, I'm not so lucky.

Last edited:
I had to hit 3 MalWarts before I found any the last time I stocked up. And I've never seen it in jugs. I have to say the oil sections of my local MalWarts are horribly maintained- the place always looks ransacked. Some grades in stock, others out of stock, bottles sitting on the wrong shelves, etc. And its worse in the M1 section than in the SOPUS section for some reason.

Pep Boys usually has all the oils in stock and neatly maintained, but at a significantly higher price.

M1, 0w-40 and Valvoline Euro, MST, 5w-40 are available at only one local Walmart, in NJ, that I shop.

However, I've notice that you can't find these oils at all WM stores, only 1 that I know of carries these oils.

I've NEVER seen Pennzoil Ultra, 5w-40 at any Walmart store.

It sucks that Walmart is shifting to mostly carrying CAFE oils. I do know that you can go on their site and have it shipped to your local store (or at least you used to).

Originally Posted By: Mustang_Cougar
All my local Walmart locations carry 0w20/30/40 in quarts, but only 0w30 in 5qt jugs. Using Mobil's "Find Mobil Products" website, the closest places for finding what I need (0w20 jugs) are all 200+ miles away.

M_V

Interesting that MalWart doesn't show on that tool in my area even though I know they carry M1 products. O'Reilly does show up, and it says they carry 0w40 in jugs... never seen them though. And my local MalWarts do care 0w20 in 5-quart jugs. I use it in my 08 Ram 1500 4.7 all the time.

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum
O'Reilly does show up, and it says they carry 0w40 in jugs... never seen them though.

Yup. O'Reilly started carrying M1 0w-40 in 5.1 qt jugs now, despite M1's own website FAQ stating that they were not planning on offering M1 0w-40 in jugs. Go figure...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back