IRS: Woman claims 19 non-existent children

Status
Not open for further replies.
IRS: Woman claims 19 non-existent children

Quote:
The IRS says Coronel claimed that all the children had been born to her at a Los Angeles hospital on Dec. 11, 2002, then obtained fraudulent Social Security numbers for them and claimed them as dependents. Hospital records show she gave birth to one child, a boy, on that date.

Really, 19 kids born on the same day, that's gonna be a world record.

Goes on every day. I know someone that works for the justice dept. Says there is a gal out there doing kinda the same thing and moving all around the country. She also works other government supplied programs. Was told this gal is living real good. Won't stay put long enough to catch. Told she's been at this over 5 years. Knows how to work the 'system'. Has no childeren or real dependents.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Wait, you mean poor people aren't honest? We learned they can't possibly be selfish, they think better, are more generous....oh wait she must be rich.....

lol. Both ends of the spectrum are filled with lousy folks... As is the middle.

Wait, you mean poor people aren't honest? We learned they can't possibly be selfish, they think better, are more generous....oh wait she must be rich.....

I knew who posted this as soon as I read it, without having to look over to verify. We get it; monarchies are good, corporations = people, the wealthy are that way because they truly are superior, equality is a despicable lefty gambit, yada yada.

It is possible to be poor and dishonest (and stupid in this case) yet still a good tipper.
lol.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: rshaw125
If she goes to jail who's going to look after all the kids???

Someone adopt them quick so they can deduct 19 dependable on 1040.

With people like the Dugger's and the 'Octomom' pumping out kiddies, it's easy to see where that idea comes from.

The Duggers don't pay income taxes either and get plenty of government support (not that they are even mentioning that part).

Originally Posted By: PandaBear

It is possible to be poor and dishonest (and stupid in this case) yet still a good tipper.
lol.gif

Maybe the lesson to be learned is, it's easier to be generous and a good tipper when you are spending someone elses money.

Originally Posted By: glum
....equality is a despicable lefty gambit, yada yada.

Equality of what?

Equal access to opportunity?
Equal access to education?

I get the feeling many around here want to engineer equality of outcomes.

Originally Posted By: LS2JSTS
Maybe the lesson to be learned is, it's easier to be generous and a good tipper when you are spending someone elses money.

Why would someone need 19 children for deductible if she is living off someone else's money (i.e. handout)? They do not pay that much.

This was a business investment on her part.

The fake identities in a few years would be sold to illegal aliens, and they would therefore have an American birth date as well as an American birth location.

The illegal alien customers would be in the age 16 to 25 crowd. They would have paid cash for these identities, at about $20,000.00 each.

This would have eventually netted this woman about $380,000.00 in tax-free profit. With her own welfare scamming, this would have allowed her to live comfortably for life.

This sort of thing has gone on around here for years and years. At least the Government is finally paying attention.

Originally Posted By: Cristobal
This was a business investment on her part.

The fake identities in a few years would be given to illegal aliens, and they would therefore have an American birth date as well as an American birth location.

The illegal alien customers would be in the age 16 to 25 crowd. They would have paid cash for these identities, at about 20,000.00 each.

This would have eventually netted this woman about a half million dollars in tax-free profit.

I don't know, someone stupid enough to put 19 dependents on 1040 probably wouldn't be smart enough to work in the ID theft industry. But this is indeed a scary scenario.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear

Why would someone need 19 children for deductible if she is living off someone else's money (i.e. handout)? They do not pay that much.

Right, I forgot, only the rich are "greedy"...lol

Do you or anyone else know where this womans income was coming from? If she is on SSI, then her ultimate plan may have been to file for SS benefits for these fake SS numbers, that would yield a return of roughly $650 x 19 per month...not exactly chump change.
If her income is from a legitimate source and she is below a certain level than she could have been planning to add the CTC to her EIC which would yield her a return of a little over $1,000 per year per fake SS number.

In any event the bigger question in this thread is how anyone could possibly be dense enough to find this humorous in any way. Do you think this story is funny? Do you find this amusing?

If anything, your past tripe threads about the rich should be included in the humor section and this thread should be moved to General Topics. It's insulting to anyone with a brain that you even thought to post this in the Humor section! Please explain to me and others, what exactly is humorous about this to you?

Actually it was not stupid. It is a calculated risk.

Only recently have the Feds started to crack down on this. This sort of "business" has operated for decades in California. This woman wan caught, but there are thousands of others that will never be found out.

I used to live in Glendale, Ca and in the late 1980's. There it was welfare and Medicare fraud.

Fake medical offices were all over the place, and they had no durable medical equipment for sale inside. Sometimes three or four of these "offices" were on a single city block. There were dozens of them in Glendale.

They might have a desk, a phone, and a fax machine. They made a lively business bilking Medicare for wheelchairs and such "sent" to people who had no idea they were on these offices patient list.

On the street where I lived were dozens of recent immigrants driving new sports cars and wearing fancy clothes, who hung out and did nothing but smoke cigarettes all day. But if you asked them where they worked, it was always a medical office a block away.

In any event the bigger question in this thread is how anyone could possibly be dense enough to find this humorous in any way. Do you think this story is funny? Do you find this amusing?

If anything, your past tripe threads about the rich should be included in the humor section and this thread should be moved to General Topics. It's insulting to anyone with a brain that you even thought to post this in the Humor section! Please explain to me and others, what exactly is humorous about this to you?

It's funny because this can get caught so easily that she think it can be done without getting caught. If she didn't get caught it wouldn't be funny (it would be sad).

The "rich" who uses tax shelter to hide wealth and pay capital gain tax instead of salary tax got there legally, so that would never be funny. If they get caught and land in jail, that may be funny too (if they are not smart enough to hire a good lawyer and a good accountant).

The bad tipping from the higher income research participants? That isn't funny unless you considered the lower income participants tipping too much.

In other word: tipping bad and got away isn't funny, but being a fraud who got caught usually is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back