Irritating Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This ad is so obviously posed/fake. That is no mechanic. No mechanic ever holds a wrench like that. I find the photo very annoying to look at.

The other thing that annoys me in ads are the pristine clothes with not a mark on them. Look at the pure white gloves the guy is wearing. Have you ever seen a real world mechanic with gloves as clean as those?

Madison Avenue staged ad.Actors who are hired,and the shot is set up for the photo shoot.Blame the shoot producer for not adding in realism.Of course most actors/producers/ad agency people don't work on their own cars.

My adblocker seems to be blocking your ad. Sorry.
smile.gif

Its a FRAM ad showing a guy with an overacted facial expression holding a wrench under a car and torqueing on it.Probably a WM employee trying to strip the threads on a drain plug....lol

Whaddya want? Some overweight guy showing some mechanic's cleavage while rolling around in the dirt?

Not saying that I resemble that... but not quite able to deny it either.
whistle.gif

All ads are like that. Use good looking people to sell. Here's one that I find most irritating:

These girls are NOT farmers. They probably work at Cavender's or Bath and Body Works in a small town somewhere,drive a big ol pick up truck that their dad bought for them covered in pink dear head stickers,and that's as "farmer" as they'll ever get:

Now THIS is what a real female farmer looks like haha:

Have you never seen an ad before? Do you see Bud commercials with local yocals, Sonicare commercials with snaggle-toothed hobos, and Victoria's Secret ads with Bud-drinking, normal-lookin women?

Even if the guy was a mechanic, they wouldn't have him look all dirty and, if he was a real mechanic, he might be holding the wrench however he was told to; could also be nerves. I'd guess it's not a candid oil change shot...

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
Probably a WM employee trying to strip the threads on a drain plug....lol

LOL!

I still think the most annoying ads are the Chevy focus group commercials.

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071

LOL!

Pretty sure it's a FORD Focus
13.gif

There was a hearing-aid a few years ago with a guy surf fishing with a deep sea reel and holding it upside down.

Originally Posted By: gathermewool

LOL!

13.gif

I love when there are a group of people looking at the new Malibu and they say "It feels just like an Audi". LOL okay.

LOL!

The LEGO parody of that is hilarious. And it's endorsed by Chevy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezm-VUI4PpA

Originally Posted By: gathermewool

LOL!

13.gif

I love when there are a group of people looking at the new Malibu and they say "It feels just like an Audi". LOL okay.

Yes, those ones drive me nuts.

Originally Posted By: George7941

This ad is so obviously posed/fake. That is no mechanic. No mechanic ever holds a wrench like that. I find the photo very annoying to look at.

The other thing that annoys me in ads are the pristine clothes with not a mark on them. Look at the pure white gloves the guy is wearing. Have you ever seen a real world mechanic with gloves as clean as those?

FWIW. I've worked as a Professional Mechanic. I've held a wrench like that on occasion. I've worn pristine white gloves periodically too..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back